Jul 28, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
But scoring Brickyard win No. 5 and in the way that he did it – on the 20th anniversary of his first Brickyard win in the inaugural 1994 race – surely adds more to that legacy.
In today’s NASCAR AMERICA Minute, host Rick Allen and analysts Bobby Labonte and Kyle Petty break down Gordon’s history of success at Indy and throughout his NASCAR career.
You can catch highlights from Gordon’s victory in today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA, which airs at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 6
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3
- IndyCar flashback: Justin Wilson finishes second, Will Power/Scott Dixon controversy at Sonoma 2013 (video) 3