Jul 28, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
The Brickyard 400 is always a big day for the sport of NASCAR, but this particular Sunday at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway was especially so.
On today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA, the crew broke it all down starting with Gordon’s historic fifth triumph in the Brickyard 400. NBCSN’s Kelli Stavast spoke after the race with Gordon, who talked about how Sunday’s win compared to his first Brickyard win in 1994 and the added confidence that he and his Hendrick Motorsports team now have as the Chase looms.
Also doing well on Sunday was Joe Gibbs Racing, whose drivers finished second (Kyle Busch), third (Denny Hamlin), and fourth (Matt Kenseth) behind Gordon. NASCAR AMERICA analysts Bobby Labonte and Kyle Petty gave their takes on the JGR camp seemingly peaking at the right time.
But before the race came the announcement from Roush Fenway regarding its 2015 lineup, which surprised with its timing. On Sunday morning at IMS, NBCSN contributor Nate Ryan spoke with team owner Jack Roush and RFR drivers Greg Biffle and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. about the impact of Edwards’ exit.
For more clips from NASCAR AMERICA, check out the show’s archive page. Another new episode airs tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 7 p.m. ET recaps Talladega 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 1
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 1
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 3
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10