Jul 28, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
The Brickyard 400 is always a big day for the sport of NASCAR, but this particular Sunday at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway was especially so.
On today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA, the crew broke it all down starting with Gordon’s historic fifth triumph in the Brickyard 400. NBCSN’s Kelli Stavast spoke after the race with Gordon, who talked about how Sunday’s win compared to his first Brickyard win in 1994 and the added confidence that he and his Hendrick Motorsports team now have as the Chase looms.
Also doing well on Sunday was Joe Gibbs Racing, whose drivers finished second (Kyle Busch), third (Denny Hamlin), and fourth (Matt Kenseth) behind Gordon. NASCAR AMERICA analysts Bobby Labonte and Kyle Petty gave their takes on the JGR camp seemingly peaking at the right time.
But before the race came the announcement from Roush Fenway regarding its 2015 lineup, which surprised with its timing. On Sunday morning at IMS, NBCSN contributor Nate Ryan spoke with team owner Jack Roush and RFR drivers Greg Biffle and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. about the impact of Edwards’ exit.
For more clips from NASCAR AMERICA, check out the show’s archive page. Another new episode airs tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Exploring what’s next for Derrick Walker as he announces he’s leaving IndyCar 0
- INDYCAR announces Derrick Walker has resigned from series 8
- Preview: Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio critical in IndyCar title chase 1
- It’s “never-say-die” for Graham Rahal with three races left 1
- Paralyzed driver Michael Johnson returning to track in Pro Mazda 0
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 1