Jul 29, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
As the Verizon IndyCar Series heads to Mid-Ohio this weekend, we took a stroll through the archives and found this quick one lap of video.
Robby Gordon‘s lap, then driving for Walker Racing, provides a great look at how the telemetry was measured back in 1994. There were higher rev numbers on that era of cars, but with only a five-speed gearbox and speeds still topping 160 on the back straight launching off the Keyhole into Turns 3 and 4.
Gordon now runs the SPEED Energy Stadium Super Trucks; Walker runs IndyCar’s competition department as the President of Competition and Operations.
Video from NASCAR America
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 0
- Tune-In: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show (PHOTOS) 1
- Different agendas for Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr. at Homestead test 1
- NBC, NBCSN set for mega U.S. Grand Prix weekend of coverage from Austin 2
- Lewis Hamilton to join TODAY Show on Wednesday 0