Jul 29, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
As the Verizon IndyCar Series heads to Mid-Ohio this weekend, we took a stroll through the archives and found this quick one lap of video.
Robby Gordon‘s lap, then driving for Walker Racing, provides a great look at how the telemetry was measured back in 1994. There were higher rev numbers on that era of cars, but with only a five-speed gearbox and speeds still topping 160 on the back straight launching off the Keyhole into Turns 3 and 4.
Gordon now runs the SPEED Energy Stadium Super Trucks; Walker runs IndyCar’s competition department as the President of Competition and Operations.
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 0
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 0
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 2