Jul 29, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
As the Verizon IndyCar Series heads to Mid-Ohio this weekend, we took a stroll through the archives and found this quick one lap of video.
Robby Gordon‘s lap, then driving for Walker Racing, provides a great look at how the telemetry was measured back in 1994. There were higher rev numbers on that era of cars, but with only a five-speed gearbox and speeds still topping 160 on the back straight launching off the Keyhole into Turns 3 and 4.
Gordon now runs the SPEED Energy Stadium Super Trucks; Walker runs IndyCar’s competition department as the President of Competition and Operations.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3