Jul 29, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
As the Verizon IndyCar Series heads to Mid-Ohio this weekend, we took a stroll through the archives and found this quick one lap of video.
Robby Gordon‘s lap, then driving for Walker Racing, provides a great look at how the telemetry was measured back in 1994. There were higher rev numbers on that era of cars, but with only a five-speed gearbox and speeds still topping 160 on the back straight launching off the Keyhole into Turns 3 and 4.
Gordon now runs the SPEED Energy Stadium Super Trucks; Walker runs IndyCar’s competition department as the President of Competition and Operations.
- Simon Pagenaud fastest in IndyCar’s final Long Beach practice 0
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 1
- Rocky Moran Jr. to replace Huertas in Coyne’s No. 18 for Long Beach 7
- Rosberg heads up Mercedes one-two in Bahrain FP2 1
- Kimi Raikkonen quickest in first practice for Bahrain GP 2