Jul 29, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
As the Verizon IndyCar Series heads to Mid-Ohio this weekend, we took a stroll through the archives and found this quick one lap of video.
Robby Gordon‘s lap, then driving for Walker Racing, provides a great look at how the telemetry was measured back in 1994. There were higher rev numbers on that era of cars, but with only a five-speed gearbox and speeds still topping 160 on the back straight launching off the Keyhole into Turns 3 and 4.
Gordon now runs the SPEED Energy Stadium Super Trucks; Walker runs IndyCar’s competition department as the President of Competition and Operations.
Video from NASCAR America
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 2
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 4
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0