Jul 29, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Today on NASCAR AMERICA, Gordon’s overall impact on the sport was discussed – not only on the track, but in other ways such as helping to accelerate the movement for younger drivers and change the perception of NASCAR in the eyes of Corporate America.
Adding to the emotion of the moment was the presence of Ty’s entire family, including older brother and Cup rookie Austin Dillon, who couldn’t be prouder of Ty’s accomplishment.
The NA crew also touched on today’s announcement of an Aug. 26 tire test at Homestead-Miami Speedway, in which Chase-eligible teams – but not Chase-eligible drivers – can take part. Bobby Labonte and Kyle Petty both thought the provision was fair considering that Homestead will host the championship finale in November.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 2
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 11
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 24
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3