Jul 29, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Today on NASCAR AMERICA, Gordon’s overall impact on the sport was discussed – not only on the track, but in other ways such as helping to accelerate the movement for younger drivers and change the perception of NASCAR in the eyes of Corporate America.
Adding to the emotion of the moment was the presence of Ty’s entire family, including older brother and Cup rookie Austin Dillon, who couldn’t be prouder of Ty’s accomplishment.
The NA crew also touched on today’s announcement of an Aug. 26 tire test at Homestead-Miami Speedway, in which Chase-eligible teams – but not Chase-eligible drivers – can take part. Bobby Labonte and Kyle Petty both thought the provision was fair considering that Homestead will host the championship finale in November.
- Practice setbacks leave Hamilton “quite a bit off” in Malaysia (VIDEO) 2
- Verizon IndyCar Series 2015 preseason content roundup 0
- Hamilton hits back by topping second practice in Malaysia 0
- Rosberg quickest in Malaysia FP1 as Hamilton hits trouble 2
- Now IndyCar’s champion, Will Power’s mindset hasn’t changed heading into 2015 0
- Alonso moves to clear up testing crash conspiracy theories 2
- NHRA Funny Car driver Cruz Pedregon trades seats for a day with NASCAR counterpart Joey Logano 2