Jul 29, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Today on NASCAR AMERICA, Gordon’s overall impact on the sport was discussed – not only on the track, but in other ways such as helping to accelerate the movement for younger drivers and change the perception of NASCAR in the eyes of Corporate America.
Adding to the emotion of the moment was the presence of Ty’s entire family, including older brother and Cup rookie Austin Dillon, who couldn’t be prouder of Ty’s accomplishment.
The NA crew also touched on today’s announcement of an Aug. 26 tire test at Homestead-Miami Speedway, in which Chase-eligible teams – but not Chase-eligible drivers – can take part. Bobby Labonte and Kyle Petty both thought the provision was fair considering that Homestead will host the championship finale in November.
- Cole Custer sails to first career ARCA win at Pocono, 9th first-time winner in series in 2015 0
- Dixon crushes lap record to score pole in Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 1
- Johansson: Haas has done its homework ahead of F1 entry 0
- Dixon quickest with unofficial lap record in final practice at Mid-Ohio 0
- Dixon fastest on Friday at Mid-Ohio 1
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 2
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 1