Jul 29, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Today on NASCAR AMERICA, Gordon’s overall impact on the sport was discussed – not only on the track, but in other ways such as helping to accelerate the movement for younger drivers and change the perception of NASCAR in the eyes of Corporate America.
Adding to the emotion of the moment was the presence of Ty’s entire family, including older brother and Cup rookie Austin Dillon, who couldn’t be prouder of Ty’s accomplishment.
The NA crew also touched on today’s announcement of an Aug. 26 tire test at Homestead-Miami Speedway, in which Chase-eligible teams – but not Chase-eligible drivers – can take part. Bobby Labonte and Kyle Petty both thought the provision was fair considering that Homestead will host the championship finale in November.
Video from NASCAR America
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 0
- What now if your favorite driver is eliminated from Chase? 1
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10
- UPDATED: Chase contender Kyle Busch back on track after Lap 102 crash (VIDEO) 0
- Faced with must-win scenarios, Earnhardt, Johnson lead halfway at Talladega 0
- Surprising revelation: Dale Jr. admits he coasted earlier in his career — ‘I just rested on my legacy and last name’ 0
- With nothing left to do but win, Dale Earnhardt Jr. faces Talladega with optimism 0