Jul 29, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Today on NASCAR AMERICA, Gordon’s overall impact on the sport was discussed – not only on the track, but in other ways such as helping to accelerate the movement for younger drivers and change the perception of NASCAR in the eyes of Corporate America.
Adding to the emotion of the moment was the presence of Ty’s entire family, including older brother and Cup rookie Austin Dillon, who couldn’t be prouder of Ty’s accomplishment.
The NA crew also touched on today’s announcement of an Aug. 26 tire test at Homestead-Miami Speedway, in which Chase-eligible teams – but not Chase-eligible drivers – can take part. Bobby Labonte and Kyle Petty both thought the provision was fair considering that Homestead will host the championship finale in November.
- Ed Carpenter: driver criticism of IndyCar ‘confusing for fans’ 0
- Hawksworth: “I wouldn’t say it was crazy; it was exciting” 1
- Graham Rahal’s Fontana win was long overdue, and a long time coming 0
- Report: Roger Penske intends to keep his ‘four aces’ in IndyCar 0
- Mario Andretti gets Jay Leno up to speed — and then some 1
- NHRA: Antron Brown looks to make Top Fuel fireworks this weekend 1
- MAVTV 500: Despite being nerve-racking to crazy, drivers glad safety won out 3