Jul 30, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
One day after NASCAR delivered major penalties to his No. 11 Joe Gibbs Racing team for rules infractions found following the Brickyard 400, Denny Hamlin will address the situation on today’s edition of NASCAR AMERICA.
You can watch today at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN, or CLICK HERE to stream it online or on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
In addition to giving his reaction to the penalties, Hamlin will talk about running the next six races without suspended crew chief Darian Grubb and car chief Wesley Sherrill, as well as his expectations for this weekend’s GoBowling.com 400 at Pocono.
Also on tap:
- Kelli Stavast travels to JGR headquarters to report on how the penalty will affect the No. 11 team moving forward.
- USA Today’s Nate Ryan calls in to discuss how historically significant this penalty is and what JGR can do to appeal the punishments.
- Part-time Sprint Cup driver Jeff Burton shows us exactly what the No. 11’s infractions were and how they can affect a race car’s performance.
The crew will also talk about Hendrick Motorsports’ announcement of Greg Ives as the new crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. starting next season.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
- Dixon fastest on Friday at Mid-Ohio 1
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 2
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 1
- Racing, music blend as Umphrey’s McGee partners with GTSport Racing for rest of 2015 PWC season 1
- Exploring what’s next for Derrick Walker as he announces he’s leaving IndyCar 0
- INDYCAR announces Derrick Walker has resigned from series 9
- Preview: Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio critical in IndyCar title chase 1