Jul 30, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
One day after NASCAR delivered major penalties to his No. 11 Joe Gibbs Racing team for rules infractions found following the Brickyard 400, Denny Hamlin will address the situation on today’s edition of NASCAR AMERICA.
You can watch today at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN, or CLICK HERE to stream it online or on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
In addition to giving his reaction to the penalties, Hamlin will talk about running the next six races without suspended crew chief Darian Grubb and car chief Wesley Sherrill, as well as his expectations for this weekend’s GoBowling.com 400 at Pocono.
Also on tap:
- Kelli Stavast travels to JGR headquarters to report on how the penalty will affect the No. 11 team moving forward.
- USA Today’s Nate Ryan calls in to discuss how historically significant this penalty is and what JGR can do to appeal the punishments.
- Part-time Sprint Cup driver Jeff Burton shows us exactly what the No. 11’s infractions were and how they can affect a race car’s performance.
The crew will also talk about Hendrick Motorsports’ announcement of Greg Ives as the new crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. starting next season.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 3
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tops quiet second Monaco GP practice 0
- Hamilton quickest in opening practice for Monaco GP 0
- James Hinchcliffe transferred out of ICU, full recovery expected 4