Jul 31, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
This post involves the prime minister of Malaysia, and is not related to the movie Zoolander.
The actual prime minister of Malaysia has determined the country’s inaugural FIA Formula E race – originally slated for October 18 as the second round of the series – will now move to November 22 since the original date did not work for the prime minister’s schedule.
Per Formula E, due to other agenda commitments, the Prime Minister of Malaysia, YAB Dato’ Sri Mohd Najib Tun Abdul Razak, was unable to attend the original race date and has subsequently requested the event to be rescheduled.
Alejandro Agag, CEO of Formula E, said: “The Prime Minister has been fundamental to the FIA Formula E Championship racing in Malaysia and, following lengthy consultation with the FIA and the local motorsport federation, Formula E has decided to honour the request to reschedule the Putrajaya ePrix.”
Malaysia will remain the second round of the schedule, following the September 13 opener in Beijing. Round 3 will occur in Uruguay on December 13.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 Japanese Grand Prix Preview 0
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 2
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 11
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 24