Jul 31, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
This post involves the prime minister of Malaysia, and is not related to the movie Zoolander.
The actual prime minister of Malaysia has determined the country’s inaugural FIA Formula E race – originally slated for October 18 as the second round of the series – will now move to November 22 since the original date did not work for the prime minister’s schedule.
Per Formula E, due to other agenda commitments, the Prime Minister of Malaysia, YAB Dato’ Sri Mohd Najib Tun Abdul Razak, was unable to attend the original race date and has subsequently requested the event to be rescheduled.
Alejandro Agag, CEO of Formula E, said: “The Prime Minister has been fundamental to the FIA Formula E Championship racing in Malaysia and, following lengthy consultation with the FIA and the local motorsport federation, Formula E has decided to honour the request to reschedule the Putrajaya ePrix.”
Malaysia will remain the second round of the schedule, following the September 13 opener in Beijing. Round 3 will occur in Uruguay on December 13.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 0
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0