Jul 31, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
This is no different than in the past, but Ed Carpenter has said he would like to expand the Ed Carpenter Racing team to a second car next year.
As ever, finding the funding to make it happen will determine whether it will in fact, happen.
“We would like to expand,” Carpenter said during Wednesday’s INDYCAR conference call. “I think we’ve talked about that in 2012 when we started the team, that’s something we would like to do. But there are always a lot of variables with that, getting to that point. Hopefully we get there. We’re working hard to be able to expand. We’ll just have to wait and see what the future holds.”
The team ran a second car at the Indianapolis 500 this year for JR Hildebrand. There are no plans at the moment to see Hildebrand back for the rest of this season, which include the two California races in Sonoma and Fontana to end the season.
Both Carpenter, the oval driver of the No. 20 Fuzzy’s Vodka Chevrolet, and road course/street course driver Mike Conway, are optimistic they can keep their ride share arrangement active for next year as well.
“I’m just enjoying doing all the road course racing, watching Ed on the ovals,” Conway said. “I think it’s a really good pairing, working out well. I definitely see we can work more in the offseason, we’ll definitely be able to come back stronger next year. So it’s a really good thing.”
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 0
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 1
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 1
- Hamilton delighted after claiming 40th career pole (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tames wet conditions to grab pole in Malaysia 1
- Rosberg closes out Malaysian GP practice fastest 0