Jul 31, 2014, 5:48 PM EDT
More analysis on Dale Earnhardt Jr.‘s new crew chief, Greg Ives, took center stage on Thursday’s NASCAR AMERICA on NBCSN.
Steve Letarte, Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s current crew chief, is stepping away from racing to join NBCSN’s NASCAR crew at the end of the year, but he is more than excited for Greg Ives to take over as Earnhardt Jr.’s new chief.
Greg Ives was named as the crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s team for the 2015 NASCAR season. Ives says he and Junior hit it off quickly due to their all-business mentality and their ability to have fun together off of the track.
Meanwhile, Kevin Harvick discusses taking on Mobil 1 as his primary sponsor at Pocono Raceway, and the NASCAR AMERICA guys analyze what lies ahead for Harvick leading up to the race.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 7 p.m. ET recaps Talladega 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 1
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 0
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 2
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10