Jul 31, 2014, 5:48 PM EDT
More analysis on Dale Earnhardt Jr.‘s new crew chief, Greg Ives, took center stage on Thursday’s NASCAR AMERICA on NBCSN.
Steve Letarte, Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s current crew chief, is stepping away from racing to join NBCSN’s NASCAR crew at the end of the year, but he is more than excited for Greg Ives to take over as Earnhardt Jr.’s new chief.
Greg Ives was named as the crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s team for the 2015 NASCAR season. Ives says he and Junior hit it off quickly due to their all-business mentality and their ability to have fun together off of the track.
Meanwhile, Kevin Harvick discusses taking on Mobil 1 as his primary sponsor at Pocono Raceway, and the NASCAR AMERICA guys analyze what lies ahead for Harvick leading up to the race.
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1