Aug 1, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
Toronto Round 13 winner Sebastien Bourdais took the No. 11 Mistic KVSH Racing Chevrolet to the fastest practice time of the second 45-minute practice session Friday at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
Bourdais clocked in at 1:06.8271 to lead the Verizon IndyCar Series timesheets at the 2.258-mile permanent road course.
An abnormal top five included Carlos Munoz, Takuma Sato, Justin Wilson and Ryan Briscoe. Practice one leader Ryan Hunter-Reay was sixth ahead of Simon Pagenaud; points leader Helio Castroneves was 11th with runner-up Will Power only 13th.
Third practice occurs tomorrow morning from 10 to 10:45 a.m. ET before qualifying later from 2 to 3:10 p.m. ET.
Here’s your times:
- Bell: “Carb Day is many things to many people; mine was many jobs” 0
- Texas Motor Speedway president Eddie Gossage plans to talk with IndyCar about potential changes to cars 3
- Hamilton storms to first Monaco GP pole position 0
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari in final practice for Monaco GP 0
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 4