Aug 1, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
Toronto Round 13 winner Sebastien Bourdais took the No. 11 Mistic KVSH Racing Chevrolet to the fastest practice time of the second 45-minute practice session Friday at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
Bourdais clocked in at 1:06.8271 to lead the Verizon IndyCar Series timesheets at the 2.258-mile permanent road course.
An abnormal top five included Carlos Munoz, Takuma Sato, Justin Wilson and Ryan Briscoe. Practice one leader Ryan Hunter-Reay was sixth ahead of Simon Pagenaud; points leader Helio Castroneves was 11th with runner-up Will Power only 13th.
Third practice occurs tomorrow morning from 10 to 10:45 a.m. ET before qualifying later from 2 to 3:10 p.m. ET.
Here’s your times:
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9