Aug 1, 2014, 8:15 AM EST
Toyota Racing reserve driver Mike Conway will make his race debut with the team’s Toyota TS040 Hybrid at the next round of the FIA World Endurance Championship, Sept. 21 at Circuit of the Americas in Austin.
Conway will deputize for Kazuki Nakajima, who has a Super Formula conflict (in Japan), alongside Alex Wurz and Stephane Sarrazin in the team’s No. 7 entry.
“I’m really pleased to be given the chance to race a TS040 HYBRID at the Circuit of the Americas and I cannot wait to get started,” he said. “The car is phenomenal, especially with the 1000PS of four-wheel drive hybrid boost, and it should be great fun to race at the front in Austin. I’d like to thank the team for giving me this opportunity; we are fighting for the World Championship and I will do everything I can to contribute to that. I’m ready for this challenge and looking forward to showing what I can do.”
Conway won in LMP2 at Austin a year ago, driving for G-Drive Racing.
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 0
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 0
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 2