Aug 1, 2014, 8:15 AM EST
Toyota Racing reserve driver Mike Conway will make his race debut with the team’s Toyota TS040 Hybrid at the next round of the FIA World Endurance Championship, Sept. 21 at Circuit of the Americas in Austin.
Conway will deputize for Kazuki Nakajima, who has a Super Formula conflict (in Japan), alongside Alex Wurz and Stephane Sarrazin in the team’s No. 7 entry.
“I’m really pleased to be given the chance to race a TS040 HYBRID at the Circuit of the Americas and I cannot wait to get started,” he said. “The car is phenomenal, especially with the 1000PS of four-wheel drive hybrid boost, and it should be great fun to race at the front in Austin. I’d like to thank the team for giving me this opportunity; we are fighting for the World Championship and I will do everything I can to contribute to that. I’m ready for this challenge and looking forward to showing what I can do.”
Conway won in LMP2 at Austin a year ago, driving for G-Drive Racing.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 1
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0