Aug 1, 2014, 8:15 AM EDT
Toyota Racing reserve driver Mike Conway will make his race debut with the team’s Toyota TS040 Hybrid at the next round of the FIA World Endurance Championship, Sept. 21 at Circuit of the Americas in Austin.
Conway will deputize for Kazuki Nakajima, who has a Super Formula conflict (in Japan), alongside Alex Wurz and Stephane Sarrazin in the team’s No. 7 entry.
“I’m really pleased to be given the chance to race a TS040 HYBRID at the Circuit of the Americas and I cannot wait to get started,” he said. “The car is phenomenal, especially with the 1000PS of four-wheel drive hybrid boost, and it should be great fun to race at the front in Austin. I’d like to thank the team for giving me this opportunity; we are fighting for the World Championship and I will do everything I can to contribute to that. I’m ready for this challenge and looking forward to showing what I can do.”
Conway won in LMP2 at Austin a year ago, driving for G-Drive Racing.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 0
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 0
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 13
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10