Aug 1, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
You’ve heard of frequent flier and frequent hotel guest programs, right?
Now comes, for lack of a better phrase, a frequent fan program.
JTG Daugherty, a one-car operation with AJ Allmendinger behind the wheel, has created announced Friday that it has created the first “rewards program” for race fans in NASCAR.
Utilizing a partner web site called “Racing-Rewards.com,” JTG officials said in a media release Friday that the program is designed to offer “one-of-a-kind, insider NASCAR access and rewards … to reward fans for supporting the team and sponsors through social media activities.”
Fans earn points for engagement with the team and its sponsors through social media usage. There also will be contests and drawings for “bigger and better” rewards, JTG-D said.
There’s no cost to fans, either.
Fans can sign up for the program, create a profile and then can integrate their own Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, GetGlue and Foursquare social media accounts to their profile.
The more engagement fans have, the more points they earn towards rewards. JTG-D said that fans can earn points every day in various ways of social media outreach and engagement.
There’s also a tier system where the most active users have the ability to enter drawings for bigger and better prizes.
And here’s the best part, according to JTG-D: “There is also the ‘Fanfluence’ leader board where fans can keep track of everyone’s rankings.”
Think of it as a Chase format of sorts, where the more points you earn, the better your chances for the best payoff prize-wise.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH: Race of Champions at 7 p.m. ET kicks off motors evening on NBCSN 0
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 14
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1