Aug 1, 2014, 7:11 PM EDT
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver John Wes Townley will not compete in tomorrow’s Pocono Mountains 150 after crashing in ARCA qualifying earlier today at Pocono Raceway.
Townley was transported to a local hospital for further evaluation after his incident in Turn 2, but was later released. However, his official Twitter account confirmed that he would be held out of competition for the next week:
A NASCAR.com report says that Townley will be evaluated by a neurologist this week in hopes that he’ll be cleared to race in next weekend’s ARCA event at Berlin Raceway and the Truck Series’ next event in two weeks’ time at Michigan International Speedway.
Prior to running in ARCA qualifying, Townley had posted the seventh-fastest lap in today’s first Camping World Truck Series practice session.
Because of his crash, Townley’s No. 05 Athenian Motorsports team did not take part in the second Truck practice and NASCAR.com adds that they haven’t decided if they’ll field a truck for tomorrow’s race.
Through 10 races this season, Townley is 10th in Camping World Truck Series points with two Top-5 and three Top-10 finishes.
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 0
- Rocky Moran Jr. to replace Huertas in Coyne’s No. 18 for Long Beach 7
- Rosberg heads up Mercedes one-two in Bahrain FP2 1
- Kimi Raikkonen quickest in first practice for Bahrain GP 2
- F1 Paddock Pass: Bahrain Grand Prix (VIDEO) 1
- 2015 Bahrain Grand Prix Preview 0
- Preview: Anyone’s game as IndyCar heads to historic Long Beach 1