Aug 1, 2014, 3:43 PM EST
Larson, driving the No. 32 Chevy Silverado for Turner Scott Motorsports, was fastest in this morning’s first Truck practice with a lap of 166.670 miles per hour.
Top speeds slowed down slightly in Practice 2, which was led by Peters and his fast lap of 165.975 mph in the No. 17 Red Horse Racing Toyota Tundra; Larson (165.893) was right behind him, flip-flopping positions with Peters from Practice 1.
Practice 2 went Peters, Larson, reigning Truck Series champion Matt Crafton (165.304), Kennedy (164.959), and Lofton (164.859).
After running the seventh-fastest time in the first Truck practice, John Wes Townley hit the wall during qualifying for today’s ARCA race at the 2.5-mile oval.
Townley was transported to a local hospital for further evaluation, and his Truck team did not take part in final practice. Fox affiliate WAGA-TV has tweeted that, per a source, Townley was awake and alert.
The Truck Series will have qualifying tomorrow morning at 10:10 a.m. ET for that afternoon’s Pocono Mountains 150 at 1 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 3
- Brasilia IndyCar race is canceled 3
- Rick Hendrick: No pressure on Jeff Gordon in final season, he just has to win 14 races and championship 4
- Column: Chase Elliott’s promotion perfectly timed for NASCAR 10
- Chase Elliott will replace Jeff Gordon as No. 24 driver next season 5
- Truex’s girlfriend passes milestone in cancer recovery 0