Aug 1, 2014, 3:43 PM EDT
Larson, driving the No. 32 Chevy Silverado for Turner Scott Motorsports, was fastest in this morning’s first Truck practice with a lap of 166.670 miles per hour.
Top speeds slowed down slightly in Practice 2, which was led by Peters and his fast lap of 165.975 mph in the No. 17 Red Horse Racing Toyota Tundra; Larson (165.893) was right behind him, flip-flopping positions with Peters from Practice 1.
Practice 2 went Peters, Larson, reigning Truck Series champion Matt Crafton (165.304), Kennedy (164.959), and Lofton (164.859).
After running the seventh-fastest time in the first Truck practice, John Wes Townley hit the wall during qualifying for today’s ARCA race at the 2.5-mile oval.
Townley was transported to a local hospital for further evaluation, and his Truck team did not take part in final practice. Fox affiliate WAGA-TV has tweeted that, per a source, Townley was awake and alert.
The Truck Series will have qualifying tomorrow morning at 10:10 a.m. ET for that afternoon’s Pocono Mountains 150 at 1 p.m. ET.
- MotorSportsTalk’s IndyCar championship pre-Sunday post round-up 0
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 2
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4