Aug 1, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
As the Sprint Cup Series sets up shop this weekend at Pocono Raceway, NASCAR AMERICA will get you ready for all the action today at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
You can also watch the show at that time online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
Here’s what’s on tap:
- After losing out late at the Brickyard 400, Kasey Kahne is still searching for a win with just six races left before the Chase. Nate Ryan will talk with Kahne about his chances at Pocono, where he’s the defending August race champion.
- Thanks to NASCAR’s penalties against Denny Hamlin’s No. 11 Joe Gibbs Racing team, crew chief Darian Grubb is beginning a six-race suspension this weekend. Mike Wheeler will serve as interim crew chief for Hamlin at Pocono, and on today’s show, Rick Allen and Kyle Petty will talk about where Wheeler’s expectations should be.
- Before last weekend’s race at Indianapolis, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Verizon IndyCar Series driver Graham Rahal visited with National Guard soldiers stationed at Indiana’s Camp Atterbury. Kelli Stavast joined their tour of the base and you’ll see the drivers’ first-hand experience with what the Guard does on a daily basis.
- Former Pocono winner Kyle Petty will break down the many different aspects of Pocono Raceway, which features three different turns and three different lengths of straightaways. We’ll also look back on the track’s most memorable moments.
- With his first Nationwide Series victory in his pocket, Ty Dillon is shifting his focus to Saturday’s NNS race at Iowa Speedway. But earlier this week, Natalie Sather caught up with the younger brother of Cup rookie Austin Dillon to chat about what it was like to kiss the bricks.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 2
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 0
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 5