Aug 2, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Ryan Hunter-Reay has led the third practice session for Sunday’s Honda Indy 200 (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN), the second session he’s led this weekend for the Verizon IndyCar Series at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (also led practice one).
Hunter-Reay posted a best time of 1:05.8042 around the 2.258-mile road course. The driver of the No. 28 DHL Honda seeks his fourth win of the season this weekend (Barber, Indianapolis 500, Iowa).
Behind him was several-time Mid-Ohio winner and defending series champion Scott Dixon and Justin Wilson. Dixon has yet to score a win and Wilson has yet to score a podium this season; this would be an ideal place for the two to break through this season.
Qualifying is next. It occurs at 2 p.m. ET and will air on NBCSN at 5:30 p.m. ET later Saturday.
Here’s your practice times:
- Dixon fastest on Friday at Mid-Ohio 1
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 2
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 1
- Racing, music blend as Umphrey’s McGee partners with GTSport Racing for rest of 2015 PWC season 1
- Exploring what’s next for Derrick Walker as he announces he’s leaving IndyCar 0
- INDYCAR announces Derrick Walker has resigned from series 9
- Preview: Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio critical in IndyCar title chase 1