Aug 2, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Ryan Hunter-Reay has led the third practice session for Sunday’s Honda Indy 200 (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN), the second session he’s led this weekend for the Verizon IndyCar Series at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (also led practice one).
Hunter-Reay posted a best time of 1:05.8042 around the 2.258-mile road course. The driver of the No. 28 DHL Honda seeks his fourth win of the season this weekend (Barber, Indianapolis 500, Iowa).
Behind him was several-time Mid-Ohio winner and defending series champion Scott Dixon and Justin Wilson. Dixon has yet to score a win and Wilson has yet to score a podium this season; this would be an ideal place for the two to break through this season.
Qualifying is next. It occurs at 2 p.m. ET and will air on NBCSN at 5:30 p.m. ET later Saturday.
Here’s your practice times:
Video from NASCAR America
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 1
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 0
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 0
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 0
- Rosberg forced to retire in Singapore after electrical glitch 1
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0