Aug 2, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Ryan Hunter-Reay has led the third practice session for Sunday’s Honda Indy 200 (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN), the second session he’s led this weekend for the Verizon IndyCar Series at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (also led practice one).
Hunter-Reay posted a best time of 1:05.8042 around the 2.258-mile road course. The driver of the No. 28 DHL Honda seeks his fourth win of the season this weekend (Barber, Indianapolis 500, Iowa).
Behind him was several-time Mid-Ohio winner and defending series champion Scott Dixon and Justin Wilson. Dixon has yet to score a win and Wilson has yet to score a podium this season; this would be an ideal place for the two to break through this season.
Qualifying is next. It occurs at 2 p.m. ET and will air on NBCSN at 5:30 p.m. ET later Saturday.
Here’s your practice times:
Video from NASCAR America
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 0
- What now if your favorite driver is eliminated from Chase? 3
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10
- UPDATED: Chase contender Kyle Busch back on track after Lap 102 crash (VIDEO) 0
- Faced with must-win scenarios, Earnhardt, Johnson lead halfway at Talladega 0
- Surprising revelation: Dale Jr. admits he coasted earlier in his career — ‘I just rested on my legacy and last name’ 0
- With nothing left to do but win, Dale Earnhardt Jr. faces Talladega with optimism 0