Aug 2, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Ryan Hunter-Reay has led the third practice session for Sunday’s Honda Indy 200 (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN), the second session he’s led this weekend for the Verizon IndyCar Series at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (also led practice one).
Hunter-Reay posted a best time of 1:05.8042 around the 2.258-mile road course. The driver of the No. 28 DHL Honda seeks his fourth win of the season this weekend (Barber, Indianapolis 500, Iowa).
Behind him was several-time Mid-Ohio winner and defending series champion Scott Dixon and Justin Wilson. Dixon has yet to score a win and Wilson has yet to score a podium this season; this would be an ideal place for the two to break through this season.
Qualifying is next. It occurs at 2 p.m. ET and will air on NBCSN at 5:30 p.m. ET later Saturday.
Here’s your practice times:
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0