Aug 2, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
Another day, another pole for Kyle Larson.
One day after earning his first career Sprint Cup pole, Larson did the same this morning in qualifying for the Camping World Truck Series at Pocono Raceway.
Thanks to a 168.913 mph lap around the 2.5-mile oval, he’ll lead the field to the green flag in this afternoon’s Pocono Mountains 150 (1 p.m. ET, check local listings).
Larson was able to claim the pole despite having to make an inside pass in Turn 2 around defending Truck Series champion Matt Crafton on his flyer lap.
“I was really hoping I wouldn’t get that close to Crafton,” Larson said to Fox Sports. “But I got a really good run coming to the green and got through Turn 1 good.
“I was hoping that maybe he’d get tight and it happened to him off [Turn 2] and it didn’t really affect my lap at all. It was a good run for us. This Chevrolet Silverado is really, really fast. Turner Scott Motorsports built a great truck and it’s gonna be a fun race.”
Joining Larson on the front row will be his main rival for Sprint Cup rookie of the year honors. Austin Dillon‘s lap of 168.558 mph was enough to put his Richard Childress Racing Chevy second on the grid.
Behind them will be Brad Keselowski Racing’s Tyler Reddick and one of Larson’s TSM teammates, Ben Kennedy, in Row 2. Timothy Peters and Johnny Sauter are in Row 3, followed by Justin Lofton and BKR driver/Truck Series points leader Ryan Blaney in Row 4.
As for the third Sprint Cup regular that’s competing in today’s Truck race, Clint Bowyer will start 10th alongside Crafton in Row 5.
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 0
- Hamilton weathers the storm to claim third British GP victory at Silverstone 0
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 3
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0