Aug 2, 2014, 8:51 AM EST
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Clint Bowyer will suit up for Athenian Motorsports in today’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Pocono Raceway.
Townley is being held out of today’s race after hitting Pocono’s Turn 2 wall hard in yesterday morning’s ARCA qualifying session. The Georgia driver was transported to a local hospital but has since been released.
A release from Athenian says that Townley is in “good health” but as tweeted yesterday by his account, he’ll be sitting out of competition for the next seven days as a precaution. He hopes that he’ll be cleared to compete in next weekend’s ARCA race at Berlin Raceway in Michigan.
As for Bowyer, he’s now set to make his first Camping World Truck Series start since 2011. Overall, he has made 12 CWTS starts in his career, with three wins coming at Texas in 2006, Phoenix in 2010 and Kansas in 2011.
Qualifying for the Pocono Mountains 150 is scheduled for later this morning at 10:10 a.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 9
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1
- Rutledge Wood joins NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR and motors coverage 6
- NASCAR expands Sprint Unlimited field to include Chase drivers 3
- Health issues to sideline Brian Vickers for early part of 2015 Sprint Cup season 5