Aug 2, 2014, 8:51 AM EDT
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Clint Bowyer will suit up for Athenian Motorsports in today’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Pocono Raceway.
Townley is being held out of today’s race after hitting Pocono’s Turn 2 wall hard in yesterday morning’s ARCA qualifying session. The Georgia driver was transported to a local hospital but has since been released.
A release from Athenian says that Townley is in “good health” but as tweeted yesterday by his account, he’ll be sitting out of competition for the next seven days as a precaution. He hopes that he’ll be cleared to compete in next weekend’s ARCA race at Berlin Raceway in Michigan.
As for Bowyer, he’s now set to make his first Camping World Truck Series start since 2011. Overall, he has made 12 CWTS starts in his career, with three wins coming at Texas in 2006, Phoenix in 2010 and Kansas in 2011.
Qualifying for the Pocono Mountains 150 is scheduled for later this morning at 10:10 a.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 7 p.m. ET recaps Talladega 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 1
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 1
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 3
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10