Aug 3, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
An engine failure on his No. 18 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota has put Kyle Busch out of today’s GoBowling.com 400 at Pocono Raceway.
On Lap 23, Busch suddenly began to slow down from 17th position. As he made his way to the pits, smoke started to billow from the back of his car before he stopped in his pit box.
After popping the hood of his car, Busch’s crew took the car back to the garage.
“Something between the frame rails doesn’t seem to operate correctly right now,” said Busch, who had finished runner-up in three of the last four races heading into today’s race.
“It’s unfortunate. I thought we had a good car today. Our car’s been good this weekend in practices…Obviously, you hope for better days and this team deserves better days, but this ain’t one of ’em.”
Busch started today’s race in seventh and had made an early strategy call by pitting under the first yellow of the day at Lap 9.
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 3
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 10
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 1