Aug 3, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Former Indianapolis 500 and Verizon IndyCar Series champion Tony Kanaan (pictured) has definitely been on a charge over the last three races.
A win from him in today’s Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course would extend CGR’s winning streak at the throwback road course to an impressive six victories.
You can see if Kanaan gets the job done today at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN. But in case you can’t watch today’s race on TV, CLICK HERE to stream it online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
Kanaan could be the best shot for the Ganassi stable on a narrow circuit where on-track passing can be scarce. He’ll be starting third today, but his three teammates – Ryan Briscoe (19th), defending race winner Charlie Kimball (20th), and Scott Dixon (22nd) – will have to create some magic from the back of the grid.
Meanwhile, with four races to go in the season, the Verizon IndyCar Series championship battle rages on. Helio Castroneves enters with a 13-point lead over Team Penske teammate Will Power, but Castroneves failed to get out of the first round of qualifying and will have to start 15th; Power may have a better outlook today from sixth starting position.
Then there are the front row starters, pole sitter Sebastien Bourdais and Josef Newgarden. Toronto Race 1 winner Bourdais wants to win for the second race weekend in a row, while Newgarden seeks to score what would be a brilliant upset for single-car Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing.
If you plan to stream today’s race, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 3 p.m. ET to stream NBCSN’s coverage of the Honda 200 from Mid-Ohio.
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 1
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0