Aug 4, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
As the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series comes off its second weekend of the year at Pocono Raceway, NASCAR AMERICA will recap all the action today at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
You can also watch the show at that time online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
Here’s what’s on tap:
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. won yesterday’s Sprint Cup race for his third win of the season and sweeping the Pocono races for the first time since Denny Hamlin did in 2006.
- Much of Junior’s victory could be attributed to the strategy and poise of his crew chief, Steve Letarte. Letarte is in his final season as crew chief of the No. 88, as he will leave Hendrick Motorsports at the end of the season to join NBC’s race broadcast team next year. After the race, our Nate Ryan caught up with Junior and Letarte for a 5-minute long interview, which we will air in its entirety.
- Rick Allen and Kyle Petty break down just how good Letarte’s race strategy was, and discuss how dominant Hendrick cars have been at Pocono, as they have now won five straight Sprint Cup races at that track.
- “The Big One” at Pocono yesterday claimed 14 cars. Who benefitted and who suffered in terms of getting into the Chase as a result of that wreck? Rick and Kyle break it down.
- Seven drivers have now clinched their spot in this year’s postseason. We fill those drivers in on the bracket to get our first look at this year’s Chase Grid.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
Video from NASCAR America
- Column: Chase Elliott’s promotion perfectly timed for NASCAR 3
- Chase Elliott will replace Jeff Gordon as No. 24 driver next season 4
- Truex’s girlfriend passes milestone in cancer recovery 0
- McLaren reveals Honda-powered MP4-30 for 2015 F1 season 1
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0