Aug 5, 2014, 4:02 PM EDT
A pivotal Verizon IndyCar Series test session will take place Thursday at Sonoma Raceway, which hosts the penultimate race of the 2014 season on Aug. 24.
Among the 11 drivers that are slated to take part in the all-day session is Charlie Kimball of Chip Ganassi Racing. CGR will also have Kimball’s teammates – Mid-Ohio winner Scott Dixon, Tony Kanaan, and Ryan Briscoe – running as well.
To help get the word out about the test, Kimball took over Sonoma’s Twitter account (@RaceSonoma) for a bit today to take fan questions on topics such as the track’s various challenges, having four-time IndyCar champ Dario Franchitti as a team advisor, and the grind of this year’s condensed schedule.
You can check out some of what Kimball had to say below. FYI: NBCSN will air the GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma LIVE on Aug. 24 at 4 p.m. ET.
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 0
- Racing community reflects on the loss of Fox Sports’ broadcaster Steve Byrnes 8
- Sam Schmidt’s inspirational lap in SAM Project, Arrow Corvette on NBC Nightly News (VIDEO, PHOTOS) 2