Aug 5, 2014, 4:02 PM EST
A pivotal Verizon IndyCar Series test session will take place Thursday at Sonoma Raceway, which hosts the penultimate race of the 2014 season on Aug. 24.
Among the 11 drivers that are slated to take part in the all-day session is Charlie Kimball of Chip Ganassi Racing. CGR will also have Kimball’s teammates – Mid-Ohio winner Scott Dixon, Tony Kanaan, and Ryan Briscoe – running as well.
To help get the word out about the test, Kimball took over Sonoma’s Twitter account (@RaceSonoma) for a bit today to take fan questions on topics such as the track’s various challenges, having four-time IndyCar champ Dario Franchitti as a team advisor, and the grind of this year’s condensed schedule.
You can check out some of what Kimball had to say below. FYI: NBCSN will air the GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma LIVE on Aug. 24 at 4 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- ‘Do you get mad when your boyfriend wrecks you?’ Danica Patrick faces kids’ pressing questions 1
- Jeff Gordon to serve as NASCAR TV analyst this season 6
- Ganassi’s No. 02 Riley-Ford Scores Rolex 24 Victory 3
- Rex White, NASCAR Hall of Fame driver — and storyteller 1
- Is a NASCAR TV analyst career in Jeff Gordon’s future? ‘I’d entertain it’ 2
- After wedding and winter to reflect, Joey Logano looks for more in 2015 2
- Jeff Gordon’s legacy of success transcends generations 1