Aug 5, 2014, 4:02 PM EDT
A pivotal Verizon IndyCar Series test session will take place Thursday at Sonoma Raceway, which hosts the penultimate race of the 2014 season on Aug. 24.
Among the 11 drivers that are slated to take part in the all-day session is Charlie Kimball of Chip Ganassi Racing. CGR will also have Kimball’s teammates – Mid-Ohio winner Scott Dixon, Tony Kanaan, and Ryan Briscoe – running as well.
To help get the word out about the test, Kimball took over Sonoma’s Twitter account (@RaceSonoma) for a bit today to take fan questions on topics such as the track’s various challenges, having four-time IndyCar champ Dario Franchitti as a team advisor, and the grind of this year’s condensed schedule.
You can check out some of what Kimball had to say below. FYI: NBCSN will air the GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma LIVE on Aug. 24 at 4 p.m. ET.
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 0
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 9
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 1