Aug 5, 2014, 4:02 PM EDT
A pivotal Verizon IndyCar Series test session will take place Thursday at Sonoma Raceway, which hosts the penultimate race of the 2014 season on Aug. 24.
Among the 11 drivers that are slated to take part in the all-day session is Charlie Kimball of Chip Ganassi Racing. CGR will also have Kimball’s teammates – Mid-Ohio winner Scott Dixon, Tony Kanaan, and Ryan Briscoe – running as well.
To help get the word out about the test, Kimball took over Sonoma’s Twitter account (@RaceSonoma) for a bit today to take fan questions on topics such as the track’s various challenges, having four-time IndyCar champ Dario Franchitti as a team advisor, and the grind of this year’s condensed schedule.
You can check out some of what Kimball had to say below. FYI: NBCSN will air the GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma LIVE on Aug. 24 at 4 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 7 p.m. ET recaps Talladega 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 1
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 1
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 3
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10