Aug 5, 2014, 4:02 PM EDT
A pivotal Verizon IndyCar Series test session will take place Thursday at Sonoma Raceway, which hosts the penultimate race of the 2014 season on Aug. 24.
Among the 11 drivers that are slated to take part in the all-day session is Charlie Kimball of Chip Ganassi Racing. CGR will also have Kimball’s teammates – Mid-Ohio winner Scott Dixon, Tony Kanaan, and Ryan Briscoe – running as well.
To help get the word out about the test, Kimball took over Sonoma’s Twitter account (@RaceSonoma) for a bit today to take fan questions on topics such as the track’s various challenges, having four-time IndyCar champ Dario Franchitti as a team advisor, and the grind of this year’s condensed schedule.
You can check out some of what Kimball had to say below. FYI: NBCSN will air the GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma LIVE on Aug. 24 at 4 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 1
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 5