Aug 5, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
As part of promoting Kansas Speedway’s upcoming Hollywood Casino 400 on Oct. 5 (the fourth race in this year’s Chase for the Sprint Cup), Logano joined defending Major League Soccer Cup champions Sporting Kansas City for a workout today.
“They make it look so easy and you know whenever someone makes something look easy that they are really good at what they do,” Logano said in a track release. “They sent a cross over to me with a lot of speed and I caught it, which you aren’t supposed to do.
“It was cool to see the similarity in our sports in the fact that we are trying to be the best we can be in our sport, but also the differences. These guys are in crazy shape.”
As you can see in the video clip above from Sporting, Logano needed a few tries before he managed to put one in the back of the net during finishing drills.
Logano enters this weekend’s Cheez-It 355 at Watkins Glen International as the fifth seed on the Chase Grid with five regular season races left.
Video from NASCAR America
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 0
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 0
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 1
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 0
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 0
- Rosberg forced to retire in Singapore after electrical glitch 0
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0