Aug 6, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Marino Franchitti is going for quality over quantity in terms of his 2014 racing appearances; the Scotsman has driven to the overall victory at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring in March with Chip Ganassi Racing and now he’ll have a chance to race an Audi R8 at Road America this weekend.
Franchitti will slot into the GT Daytona-entered No. 46 Fall-Line Motorsports Audi R8 LMS alongside Charlie Putman, replacing Charles Espenlaub for the weekend.
“It was great to get the call from Michael (Harvey, Team Manager) to come and drive with Fall-Line at Road America and I’m really looking forward to working with the team, Charlie, and Charles this weekend,” Franchitti said in a team release. “Hopefully I can bring a fresh perspective to the program and help the team on the road back to the kind of performances they’re capable of.”
Fall-Line has a sixth place at Sebring in GTD as its best result of the season, but has otherwise struggled to convert qualifying pace into race results of note.
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 4
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 3
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 11
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 54