Aug 6, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Marino Franchitti is going for quality over quantity in terms of his 2014 racing appearances; the Scotsman has driven to the overall victory at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring in March with Chip Ganassi Racing and now he’ll have a chance to race an Audi R8 at Road America this weekend.
Franchitti will slot into the GT Daytona-entered No. 46 Fall-Line Motorsports Audi R8 LMS alongside Charlie Putman, replacing Charles Espenlaub for the weekend.
“It was great to get the call from Michael (Harvey, Team Manager) to come and drive with Fall-Line at Road America and I’m really looking forward to working with the team, Charlie, and Charles this weekend,” Franchitti said in a team release. “Hopefully I can bring a fresh perspective to the program and help the team on the road back to the kind of performances they’re capable of.”
Fall-Line has a sixth place at Sebring in GTD as its best result of the season, but has otherwise struggled to convert qualifying pace into race results of note.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 1
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 5