Aug 6, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Marino Franchitti is going for quality over quantity in terms of his 2014 racing appearances; the Scotsman has driven to the overall victory at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring in March with Chip Ganassi Racing and now he’ll have a chance to race an Audi R8 at Road America this weekend.
Franchitti will slot into the GT Daytona-entered No. 46 Fall-Line Motorsports Audi R8 LMS alongside Charlie Putman, replacing Charles Espenlaub for the weekend.
“It was great to get the call from Michael (Harvey, Team Manager) to come and drive with Fall-Line at Road America and I’m really looking forward to working with the team, Charlie, and Charles this weekend,” Franchitti said in a team release. “Hopefully I can bring a fresh perspective to the program and help the team on the road back to the kind of performances they’re capable of.”
Fall-Line has a sixth place at Sebring in GTD as its best result of the season, but has otherwise struggled to convert qualifying pace into race results of note.
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 0
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 0
- F1 Strategy Group pushing through technical revolution for 2017, other changes planned as early as Belgian GP 3
- 2015 British Grand Prix Preview 1
- Here are your British Grand Prix air times on CNBC, NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- Miles: After “two-sided pancake” Fontana race, IndyCar may crack down against stakeholder comments 13