Aug 6, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Marino Franchitti is going for quality over quantity in terms of his 2014 racing appearances; the Scotsman has driven to the overall victory at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring in March with Chip Ganassi Racing and now he’ll have a chance to race an Audi R8 at Road America this weekend.
Franchitti will slot into the GT Daytona-entered No. 46 Fall-Line Motorsports Audi R8 LMS alongside Charlie Putman, replacing Charles Espenlaub for the weekend.
“It was great to get the call from Michael (Harvey, Team Manager) to come and drive with Fall-Line at Road America and I’m really looking forward to working with the team, Charlie, and Charles this weekend,” Franchitti said in a team release. “Hopefully I can bring a fresh perspective to the program and help the team on the road back to the kind of performances they’re capable of.”
Fall-Line has a sixth place at Sebring in GTD as its best result of the season, but has otherwise struggled to convert qualifying pace into race results of note.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH: Red Bull Global Rallycross begins doubleheader weekend in L.A. 0
- 16-year-old Cole Custer becomes youngest-ever winner of NASCAR national series race 0
- F1 Qualifying Analysis: Missed opportunities allow Hamilton to rule again 0
- Tyler Clary hopes to go from Olympic gold medal swimmer to NASCAR driver 0
- Hamilton snatches Singapore pole away from Rosberg 0
- Fernando Alonso closes out practice in Singapore fastest 0
- Brad Keselowski wins pole for Sunday’s Chase race at New Hampshire 0