Aug 6, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Katherine Legge will have one of her busier weekends of the year for the upcoming Continental Tire Road Race Showcase at Elkhart Lake’s Road America.
She’ll take up her usual stead in the DeltaWing coupe – which has been rebuilt in the team’s updated race shop following a fire at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park last month – alongside Andy Meyrick in the team’s No. 0 entry in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race Sunday.
A day before, she’ll be in the No. 74 Honda Civic Si, alongside James Vance, as part of Compass360 Racing’s Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge lineup in the ST class. Regular No. 74 co-driver Jon Miller switches to Rebel Rock Racing this race, driving the No. 87 Porsche Cayman in ST with Paul Holton.
— Katherine Legge (@katherinelegge) August 6, 2014
One of Legge’s more memorable – if scary – racing moments occurred at Road America in her first Champ Car start there in 2006, when her rear wing failed on entry to the Kink on the backstraight.
But a year ago, she and Meyrick starred in the DeltaWing’s open-top spyder’s swan song. Both led laps and the car was on track for an overall second place finish, before falling back to fifth overall and third in P1 in the American Le Mans Series race there.
Legge is also confirmed to race in the new FIA Formula E Championship, with the Amlin Aguri team.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 9
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1
- Rutledge Wood joins NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR and motors coverage 6
- NASCAR expands Sprint Unlimited field to include Chase drivers 3
- Health issues to sideline Brian Vickers for early part of 2015 Sprint Cup season 5