Aug 6, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Katherine Legge will have one of her busier weekends of the year for the upcoming Continental Tire Road Race Showcase at Elkhart Lake’s Road America.
She’ll take up her usual stead in the DeltaWing coupe – which has been rebuilt in the team’s updated race shop following a fire at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park last month – alongside Andy Meyrick in the team’s No. 0 entry in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race Sunday.
A day before, she’ll be in the No. 74 Honda Civic Si, alongside James Vance, as part of Compass360 Racing’s Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge lineup in the ST class. Regular No. 74 co-driver Jon Miller switches to Rebel Rock Racing this race, driving the No. 87 Porsche Cayman in ST with Paul Holton.
— Katherine Legge (@katherinelegge) August 6, 2014
One of Legge’s more memorable – if scary – racing moments occurred at Road America in her first Champ Car start there in 2006, when her rear wing failed on entry to the Kink on the backstraight.
But a year ago, she and Meyrick starred in the DeltaWing’s open-top spyder’s swan song. Both led laps and the car was on track for an overall second place finish, before falling back to fifth overall and third in P1 in the American Le Mans Series race there.
Legge is also confirmed to race in the new FIA Formula E Championship, with the Amlin Aguri team.
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1