Aug 6, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
With Pocono in the rear view mirror, NASCAR’s gearing up to roar through the esses this weekend on the road course at Watkins Glen International.
When it comes to the Sprint Cup Series’ two road courses, the Glen is considered less technical than the Sonoma Raceway in Northern California. And as former Watkins Glen winner Kyle Petty and Parker Kligerman explained on today’s NASCAR AMERICA, higher speeds are also part of the challenge.
Sunday’s Cheez-It 355 is the final “wild card” of the regular season, making it a crucial race for drivers that are still winless and looking to make it into the Chase.
And with just four regular season races after Sunday, the “new” Chase is indeed getting closer. The NASCAR AMERICA crew reviewed the tweaks made to NASCAR’s playoff stretch, which is now made up of three rounds that lead into the championship race at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
For more clips from NASCAR AMERICA, check out the show’s archive page.
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 3
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 10
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 1