Aug 6, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
With Pocono in the rear view mirror, NASCAR’s gearing up to roar through the esses this weekend on the road course at Watkins Glen International.
When it comes to the Sprint Cup Series’ two road courses, the Glen is considered less technical than the Sonoma Raceway in Northern California. And as former Watkins Glen winner Kyle Petty and Parker Kligerman explained on today’s NASCAR AMERICA, higher speeds are also part of the challenge.
Sunday’s Cheez-It 355 is the final “wild card” of the regular season, making it a crucial race for drivers that are still winless and looking to make it into the Chase.
And with just four regular season races after Sunday, the “new” Chase is indeed getting closer. The NASCAR AMERICA crew reviewed the tweaks made to NASCAR’s playoff stretch, which is now made up of three rounds that lead into the championship race at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
For more clips from NASCAR AMERICA, check out the show’s archive page.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 2
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 4
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2