Aug 6, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Dale Earnhardt Jr. and his No. 88 Hendrick Motorsports team may be atop the NASCAR world after their victory Sunday at Pocono, but Earnhardt himself says the team still has areas to improve on before the Chase.
Who better to ask what those areas are than Earnhardt’s crew chief, Steve Letarte?
Today on NASCAR AMERICA, NBCSN’s Marty Snider will chat with Letarte about that subject as well as his driver’s growing confidence and how the new Chase format could impact the 88 team’s strategy from race to race.
You can watch today’s episode at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN or you can CLICK HERE to stream it online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
Also on tap:
- Rick Allen, Kyle Petty and guest analyst Parker Kligerman review the new rules for the Chase format and discuss how it could lead to new strategies for those crew chiefs of the playoff competitors.
- Marcos Ambrose faces a critical weekend at Watkins Glen as he tries to get himself into the post-season. NBCSN’s Kelli Stavast visits the Richard Petty Motorsports shop to speak with the road racing ace, who is winless and currently sits 49 points behind 16th in the Chase standings.
- A look at the stats of six particular Sprint Cup drivers – three with a history of success at Watkins Glen and three who have done poorly there. Which of these drivers has a chance to win and which of them would be classified as a “shock” if he/she won?
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
- Here are your British Grand Prix air times on CNBC, NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- Miles: After “two-sided pancake” Fontana race, IndyCar may crack down against stakeholder comments 1
- IndyCar issues penalties and fines following MAVTV 500 at Fontana 1
- NHRA shakeup: Tom Compton retires as president, Peter Clifford named successor 3
- Ed Carpenter: driver criticism of IndyCar ‘confusing for fans’ 12
- Hawksworth: “I wouldn’t say it was crazy; it was exciting” 2
- Graham Rahal’s Fontana win was long overdue, and a long time coming 0