Aug 7, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
Cool stuff here ahead of the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix, the MotoGP round at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway this weekend.
IMS President Doug Boles skydived, then landed at the track ahead of the weekend. The full video clip is above with the landing below:
Here are some other still shots from the occasion:
— Red Bull Indy (@RedBullINDY) August 6, 2014
— Brad Brown (@BradBrownTV) August 6, 2014
This isn’t the only crossover between MotoGP and IndyCar this weekend. Indy Lights driver Zach Veach of Andretti Autosport brought MotoGP rider Alvaro Bautista into the shop and showed him around an IndyCar, its steering wheel, and sprint car.
— IndyCar Series (@IndyCar) August 7, 2014
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 1
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9