WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 pm ET — Hamlin’s interim crew chief, Biffle, Watkins Glen history/nuances
Aug 7, 2014, 2:18 PM EDT
On Thursday’s edition of NASCAR America, Rick Allen and Kyle Petty are joined in our Charlotte studios by NASCAR driver Parker Kligerman.
There’ll be plenty of topics on Thursday’s show:
* Marty Snider visits Joe Gibbs Racing to chat with Mike Wheeler, interim crew chief for Denny Hamlin. This past Sunday’s race at Pocono was Wheeler’s first as a Sprint Cup crew chief, filling in for Darian Grubb, who is serving a six-race suspension for infractions discovered on the No. 11 car after the Brickyard 400. Wheeler discusses what he learned, what he wishes he knew before, and what he’ll do differently as crew chief for this weekend’s race at Watkins Glen.
* Kelli Stavast visits Roush Fenway Racing to report on Greg Biffle’s chances of making the Chase for the Sprint Cup. Biffle currently sits in the 16th and final qualifying spot on the Chase grid with five races to go. With the series at Watkins Glen this weekend, Biffle has a poor history at road course races. However, next weekend’s race at Michigan presents the Biff his best chance for a win and securing his place in this year’s playoffs.
* Rick, Kyle and Parker discuss the future of Roush Fenway Racing as Carl Edwards leaves at the end of this season, and whether Biffle is ready to take on the role of team leader.
* Rick, Kyle and Parker explain what attributes it takes to be a successful on a road course and which current Sprint Cup driver deserves the title of “Best Road Course Racer.”
* Top-5 memorable moments in Watkins Glen history.
If you’re not near a TV, you can CLICK HERE to stream NASCAR AMERICA online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
May 27, 2015, 9:23 AM EDT
Racing for Cancer to make trip to this year’s Le Mans, with Derek DeBoer in an Aston Martin Vantage GT4.
May 27, 2015, 8:16 AM EDT
The Red Bull GRC season kicks off in Fort Lauderdale this weekend.
May 27, 2015, 7:44 AM EDT
Fast facts heading into this weekend’s Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit, courtesy of IndyCar PR staff.
May 26, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Chaves best of two first-year drivers in 99th Indianapolis 500.
May 26, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Look out for Nelson Piquet Jr. and SH Rallycross to have a big year in 2015.
May 26, 2015, 9:04 AM EDT
Daly gets confirmed for this weekend’s pair of races in Detroit.
Juan Pablo Montoya earns nearly $2.5 million for Indy 500 win (full box score with winnings attached)
May 26, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Team Penske nearly doubles his haul from first Indy 500 win 15 years ago.
May 25, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
Runner-up Will Power said it’s as simple as making the cars slower.
May 25, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
After his second triumph in the Greatest Spectacle in Racing, he is ovewhelmed by congratulatory messages.
Montoya’s Indianapolis 500 win adds another storied chapter to the Roger Penske-Chip Ganassi rivalry
May 25, 2015, 2:12 PM EDT
They are the only car owners to win the Daytona 500 and Indianapolis 500 in the same season.
May 25, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
The Mercedes-affiliated youngster clinches his first win of the season around the legendary streets of Monaco.
May 25, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
After a miserable run of form, Latvala finally climbs to the top step of the podium with a narrow win over Sebastien Ogier in Portugal.
May 25, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Andretti ends sixth, best of the day for the defending Indy 500-winning team, while Hildebrand leads the one-off drivers.
May 25, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Running inside the top ten, Grosjean’s hopes of points were dashed on Sunday in Monaco when Max Verstappen crashed into him.
May 25, 2015, 10:11 AM EDT
Townsend Bell’s final blog for the Indianapolis 500 touches on family, meeting Jeff Gordon, and a crazy view from the driver’s seat.
May 25, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
A sixth-place finish in Monaco disappoints Raikkonen, but he lays blame with his poor qualifying form.
May 25, 2015, 9:48 AM EDT
One of Simon Pagenaud’s best oval races to date ends P10 after running top three most of race.
May 25, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The win may have come by accident, but Rosberg etched his place in F1 history on Sunday.
May 25, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
The Red Bull boys finish fourth and fifth in Monaco to give the team something to smile about after a tough start to the season.
May 25, 2015, 1:04 AM EDT
Sunday’s winners of the NHRA Kansas Nationals were Jack Beckman (Funny Car), Richie Crampton (Top Fuel) and Erica Enders-Stevens (Pro Stock).
- Fast Facts: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit 0
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 4
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 5
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 11
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4