Aug 8, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
While Keselowski is already in the Chase by virtue of his three wins, Sunday is a chance to finally win at the Glen after finishing second in each of the last three Sprint Cup races there. Meanwhile, for McMurray, Stewart, and Ambrose, Sunday is a chance to secure a win and make the post-season.
All of them are considered to be among the best road course racers in NASCAR. Today on NASCAR AMERICA, Rick Allen and Kyle Petty looked at each of their chances this weekend in New York State.
Pit crews will also have a major impact on Sunday’s race as they have to contend with carrying out stops on the Glen’s “backward” pit road. NBCSN’s Marty Snider went to Michael Waltrip Racing and discussed how teams must adjust to this feature with longtime pit road veteran Mark “Hollywood” Harrison.
For more clips from NASCAR AMERICA, check out the show’s archive page.
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 2
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3