Aug 8, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
While Keselowski is already in the Chase by virtue of his three wins, Sunday is a chance to finally win at the Glen after finishing second in each of the last three Sprint Cup races there. Meanwhile, for McMurray, Stewart, and Ambrose, Sunday is a chance to secure a win and make the post-season.
All of them are considered to be among the best road course racers in NASCAR. Today on NASCAR AMERICA, Rick Allen and Kyle Petty looked at each of their chances this weekend in New York State.
Pit crews will also have a major impact on Sunday’s race as they have to contend with carrying out stops on the Glen’s “backward” pit road. NBCSN’s Marty Snider went to Michael Waltrip Racing and discussed how teams must adjust to this feature with longtime pit road veteran Mark “Hollywood” Harrison.
For more clips from NASCAR AMERICA, check out the show’s archive page.
Video from NASCAR America
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 2
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 53
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1