Aug 8, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
While Keselowski is already in the Chase by virtue of his three wins, Sunday is a chance to finally win at the Glen after finishing second in each of the last three Sprint Cup races there. Meanwhile, for McMurray, Stewart, and Ambrose, Sunday is a chance to secure a win and make the post-season.
All of them are considered to be among the best road course racers in NASCAR. Today on NASCAR AMERICA, Rick Allen and Kyle Petty looked at each of their chances this weekend in New York State.
Pit crews will also have a major impact on Sunday’s race as they have to contend with carrying out stops on the Glen’s “backward” pit road. NBCSN’s Marty Snider went to Michael Waltrip Racing and discussed how teams must adjust to this feature with longtime pit road veteran Mark “Hollywood” Harrison.
For more clips from NASCAR AMERICA, check out the show’s archive page.
- Hamilton may have won again, but it was Raikkonen and Rosberg who stood out in Bahrain 5
- Scott Dixon breaks through for elusive Long Beach win 2
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 1
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 6
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0