Aug 8, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
While Keselowski is already in the Chase by virtue of his three wins, Sunday is a chance to finally win at the Glen after finishing second in each of the last three Sprint Cup races there. Meanwhile, for McMurray, Stewart, and Ambrose, Sunday is a chance to secure a win and make the post-season.
All of them are considered to be among the best road course racers in NASCAR. Today on NASCAR AMERICA, Rick Allen and Kyle Petty looked at each of their chances this weekend in New York State.
Pit crews will also have a major impact on Sunday’s race as they have to contend with carrying out stops on the Glen’s “backward” pit road. NBCSN’s Marty Snider went to Michael Waltrip Racing and discussed how teams must adjust to this feature with longtime pit road veteran Mark “Hollywood” Harrison.
For more clips from NASCAR AMERICA, check out the show’s archive page.
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 1
- IndyCar confirms Boston race for 2016 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tops quiet second Monaco GP practice 0
- Hamilton quickest in opening practice for Monaco GP 0
- James Hinchcliffe transferred out of ICU, full recovery expected 4
- Tony Kanaan says older part, reinforced suspension contributed to Hinchcliffe’s crash and injury 7