Aug 8, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Over the last three years, Watkins Glen International has seen some tremendous Sprint Cup finishes.
Then in 2012, a wild last lap that began with Busch spinning from the lead ended with Ambrose passing Keselowski for the win in the final few corners.
And last year, Busch barely staved off a last-lap challenge from Keselowski to earn his second career Cup win at the famous road course.
So are we up for yet another nail-biter this weekend at the Glen? Time will tell, but as NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty explains in the clip above, these epic finishes have surely changed some minds within the sport’s fan base about road racing.
Be sure to tune in for today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA at a special time of 6:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 0
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 3
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 6
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0