Aug 8, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Over the last three years, Watkins Glen International has seen some tremendous Sprint Cup finishes.
Then in 2012, a wild last lap that began with Busch spinning from the lead ended with Ambrose passing Keselowski for the win in the final few corners.
And last year, Busch barely staved off a last-lap challenge from Keselowski to earn his second career Cup win at the famous road course.
So are we up for yet another nail-biter this weekend at the Glen? Time will tell, but as NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty explains in the clip above, these epic finishes have surely changed some minds within the sport’s fan base about road racing.
Be sure to tune in for today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA at a special time of 6:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari in final practice for Monaco GP 0
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 4
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tops quiet second Monaco GP practice 0
- Hamilton quickest in opening practice for Monaco GP 0