Aug 8, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
Over the last three years, Watkins Glen International has seen some tremendous Sprint Cup finishes.
Then in 2012, a wild last lap that began with Busch spinning from the lead ended with Ambrose passing Keselowski for the win in the final few corners.
And last year, Busch barely staved off a last-lap challenge from Keselowski to earn his second career Cup win at the famous road course.
So are we up for yet another nail-biter this weekend at the Glen? Time will tell, but as NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty explains in the clip above, these epic finishes have surely changed some minds within the sport’s fan base about road racing.
Be sure to tune in for today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA at a special time of 6:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3