Aug 8, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Over the last three years, Watkins Glen International has seen some tremendous Sprint Cup finishes.
Then in 2012, a wild last lap that began with Busch spinning from the lead ended with Ambrose passing Keselowski for the win in the final few corners.
And last year, Busch barely staved off a last-lap challenge from Keselowski to earn his second career Cup win at the famous road course.
So are we up for yet another nail-biter this weekend at the Glen? Time will tell, but as NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty explains in the clip above, these epic finishes have surely changed some minds within the sport’s fan base about road racing.
Be sure to tune in for today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA at a special time of 6:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1