Aug 8, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA will get you ready for Sunday’s Cheez-It 355 on the road course at Watkins Glen International.
You can watch at a special time of 6:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN or you can CLICK HERE to stream it online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
Here’s what to expect:
- The “State by State” series continues as legendary NASCAR announcer Eli Gold takes us through the history of auto racing in the Empire State: New York.
- Former Sprint Cup crew chief/co-owner of GO FAS Racing (and NASCAR America analyst) Frank Stoddard calls in from the Glen to talk about the primary differences between setups on road courses and ovals – and his team’s chances this weekend with road racing veteran Boris Said in the car.
- NBCSN’s Marty Snider travels to Michael Waltrip Racing headquarters to get a hands-on demonstration of how the “backwards” pit road at Watkins Glen will change the typical routine for pit crews and their coaches.
- Kyle Petty breaks down the nuances of the Glen, which features high speeds and notable elevation changes.
- The last three Cup races at Watkins Glen have featured multiple drivers battling for the win on the last lap. Based on these results, the NA crew will narrow down the top four racers with previous success at the Glen who could notch the win this weekend.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 6:30 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 0
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 3
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 6
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0