Aug 9, 2014, 12:47 PM EDT
The Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship hits its final three-week stretch today at the Red Bull Unadilla National, and all four motos will be streaming live on NBC Sports Live Extra starting at 1:00 PM E.T. First motos in both classes will kick things off, followed by second motos at 3:00 PM E.T.
Second motos in both classes can also be viewed live on television through NBC and NBCSN. NBC will air the second 450 Class moto live at 3:00 PM E.T., with coverage shifting over to NBCSN at 4:00 PM E.T. for the second 250 Class moto.
The biggest story entering today’s race is the resumption of the 450 Class championship battle between Ken Roczen and Ryan Dungey. Dungey has trimmed Roczen’s lead down to 14 points and has the momentum right now in the series. It will be quite a battle between the two Red Bull KTM teammates over the final three rounds.
When it comes to winning races though, the 450 Class isn’t a two-horse race by any means. Eli Tomac has been strong ever since returning from a broken collarbone midway through the season and has looked like an even better rider than points leader Roczen in recent weeks. Trey Canard, who set the fastest lap in practice this morning, is also in search of his first moto win of the season.
In the 250 Class, Jeremy Martin holds a comfortable 43-point lead in the championship race, and while he would surely love to return to the top of the podium today, he’s in a position where he can afford to play it safe.
Barring a huge mistake, Martin has built up a deficit that will be challenging for fellow title contenders Cooper Webb and Blake Baggett to overcome. Anything’s possible though – a mechanical problem with the bike or a hard crash in one of the motos could result in a DNF for Martin, which would quickly let his challengers back into the hunt.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 2
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 11
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 24
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3