Aug 10, 2014, 7:54 AM EDT
Reports have emerged ahead of today’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Watkins Glen that Tony Stewart will still race, despite last night’s eventual fatality at a dirt track in upstate New York.
Stewart-Haas Racing competition director Greg Zipadelli told USA Today Sports’ Jeff Gluck, “We’re business as usual today.”
Stewart, incidentally, missed last year’s Watkins Glen race – albeit due to his injury suffered at a dirt track race only weeks previous.
- Watkins Glen, Baltimore stand out for Stefan Wilson’s favorite race memories of brother Justin 1
- Report: Derrick Walker reflects on IndyCar tenure and future 0
- Scott Dixon awarded $1 million for fourth championship at IndyCar banquet 1
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 1
- Ten with Townsend: Sonoma and 2015 IndyCar debrief 1
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 1
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 18