Aug 10, 2014, 7:54 AM EDT
Reports have emerged ahead of today’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Watkins Glen that Tony Stewart will still race, despite last night’s eventual fatality at a dirt track in upstate New York.
Stewart-Haas Racing competition director Greg Zipadelli told USA Today Sports’ Jeff Gluck, “We’re business as usual today.”
Stewart, incidentally, missed last year’s Watkins Glen race – albeit due to his injury suffered at a dirt track race only weeks previous.
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 0
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 1
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 1
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 2
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0