Aug 10, 2014, 7:54 AM EDT
Reports have emerged ahead of today’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Watkins Glen that Tony Stewart will still race, despite last night’s eventual fatality at a dirt track in upstate New York.
Stewart-Haas Racing competition director Greg Zipadelli told USA Today Sports’ Jeff Gluck, “We’re business as usual today.”
Stewart, incidentally, missed last year’s Watkins Glen race – albeit due to his injury suffered at a dirt track race only weeks previous.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0