Aug 10, 2014, 7:54 AM EST
Reports have emerged ahead of today’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Watkins Glen that Tony Stewart will still race, despite last night’s eventual fatality at a dirt track in upstate New York.
Stewart-Haas Racing competition director Greg Zipadelli told USA Today Sports’ Jeff Gluck, “We’re business as usual today.”
Stewart, incidentally, missed last year’s Watkins Glen race – albeit due to his injury suffered at a dirt track race only weeks previous.
Video from NASCAR America
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0