Aug 10, 2014, 7:54 AM EDT
Reports have emerged ahead of today’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Watkins Glen that Tony Stewart will still race, despite last night’s eventual fatality at a dirt track in upstate New York.
Stewart-Haas Racing competition director Greg Zipadelli told USA Today Sports’ Jeff Gluck, “We’re business as usual today.”
Stewart, incidentally, missed last year’s Watkins Glen race – albeit due to his injury suffered at a dirt track race only weeks previous.
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 0
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win 0
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 0
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber (VIDEO) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick victorious on debut ADAC F4 weekend 1