Aug 11, 2014, 7:12 AM EDT
Enzo Potolicchio’s 8Star Motorsports squad will add to its sports car portfolio and race in Indy Lights next season. Potolicchio has not determined whether this will be a one or two-car effort, but it does make the Pompano Beach, Fla.-based squad the first team to announce its Indy Lights program for 2015 with the new car.
“It’s a natural step for 8Star Motorsports, which has the expertise and state-of-the-art facilities to extend its operation. And with the new Indy Lights cars coming for 2015, this is a perfect time for us to take up the challenge,” Potolicchio said in a release.
“We will be searching for young drivers focused on the road to the IndyCar Series and will be looking for drivers from both Europe and Asia who are wanting to build a career in the USA, as well as providing opportunities for North and South American racers to familiarize themselves with the Indy ladder. Of course, it goes without saying that 8Star will provide a completive package for talented drivers wherever the come from.”
8Star currently competes in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship Prototype Challenge class, IMSA Cooper Tires Prototype Lites category and FIA World Endurance Championship GTE-Am class.
At least two of its current drivers are rumored to be in the frame for an Indy Lights seat next season.
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 4
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 3
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 9
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 4
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0