Aug 11, 2014, 4:18 PM EST
The Rochester (N.Y.) Democrat and Chronicle is now reporting that calling hours for fallen sprint car racer Kevin Ward Jr. will be on Wednesday and a funeral is set for Thursday.
According to the paper, visitation will be held on Wednesday afternoon and evening at the Trainor Funeral Home in Boonville, New York.
Ward’s funeral is scheduled for 11 a.m. local time on Thursday. However, funeral director Carl Trainor told the paper that because his funeral home isn’t large enough to hold the expected crowd, a venue for the funeral has yet to be finalized.
The paper’s report notes that they’re hoping to find a larger location “for mourners and vehicles” close to Ward’s hometown of Port Leyden, New York.
Ward, 20, a five-year veteran of the Empire Super Sprints series, lost his life on Saturday night when he was struck by the car of NASCAR star Tony Stewart during a sprint car race at Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park.
As of now, the investigation remains ongoing, and on Sunday, Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff Philip Povero said that at this time, there is no evidence to suggest criminal intent from Stewart or any party involved in the accident.
Ward’s tragic death has shook the town of Port Leyden and surrounding communities as well.
“It’s tough; it will be tough here for a while,” local resident Randy Mooney said Sunday to the D&C. “Kevin hung out with the kids his age, he went swimming with the kids.”
Another local, Don Gydesen, added: “Everybody feels awful bad. Everybody around here knows Kevin.”
Earlier today, CMP announced that it was canceling its slate of races for Wednesday in the wake of the accident.
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 3
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0