Aug 11, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
As today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA hit the airwaves, Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff Philip Povero was providing updates on the ongoing investigation into Saturday’s sprint car crash that involved NASCAR’s Tony Stewart and killed 20-year-old racer Kevin Ward Jr.
Among the major details revealed today were that an autopsy has been completed on Ward; the Ontario County (N.Y.) Coroner has deemed “massive blunt trauma” as Ward’s cause of death; and that there is a second video of the incident being analyzed by investigators.
You can watch today’s full media briefing from Sheriff Povero in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 1
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 0
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 0
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 0
- Rosberg forced to retire in Singapore after electrical glitch 1
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0