Aug 11, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
As today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA hit the airwaves, Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff Philip Povero was providing updates on the ongoing investigation into Saturday’s sprint car crash that involved NASCAR’s Tony Stewart and killed 20-year-old racer Kevin Ward Jr.
Among the major details revealed today were that an autopsy has been completed on Ward; the Ontario County (N.Y.) Coroner has deemed “massive blunt trauma” as Ward’s cause of death; and that there is a second video of the incident being analyzed by investigators.
You can watch today’s full media briefing from Sheriff Povero in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 1
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 3
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0