Aug 11, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
As today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA hit the airwaves, Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff Philip Povero was providing updates on the ongoing investigation into Saturday’s sprint car crash that involved NASCAR’s Tony Stewart and killed 20-year-old racer Kevin Ward Jr.
Among the major details revealed today were that an autopsy has been completed on Ward; the Ontario County (N.Y.) Coroner has deemed “massive blunt trauma” as Ward’s cause of death; and that there is a second video of the incident being analyzed by investigators.
You can watch today’s full media briefing from Sheriff Povero in the clip above.
- DiZinno: Mid-Ohio a dream weekend for Rahal, IndyCar, fans 0
- Dates for 2016 IndyCar schedule starting to come together 7
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 5
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 1
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 4
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 13
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 5