Aug 11, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
As today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA hit the airwaves, Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff Philip Povero was providing updates on the ongoing investigation into Saturday’s sprint car crash that involved NASCAR’s Tony Stewart and killed 20-year-old racer Kevin Ward Jr.
Among the major details revealed today were that an autopsy has been completed on Ward; the Ontario County (N.Y.) Coroner has deemed “massive blunt trauma” as Ward’s cause of death; and that there is a second video of the incident being analyzed by investigators.
You can watch today’s full media briefing from Sheriff Povero in the clip above.
- Chevrolet reveals its super speedway aero kit 2
- ARCA driver Brad Smith recovering from ankle surgery after Talladega wreck 0
- 21 years after his death, the legacy of Ayrton Senna burns as brightly as ever 2
- Honda reveals its super speedway aero kit Thursday at IMS (VIDEO) 9
- Ed Carpenter talks Newgarden’s win and preparing for superspeedway aero kit at Indy 4
- FOM confirms proposed 2016 F1 calendar has been leaked 0
- Jeff Gordon to drive new Chevrolet Z06 pace car for Indianapolis 500 4