Aug 11, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
As today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA hit the airwaves, Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff Philip Povero was providing updates on the ongoing investigation into Saturday’s sprint car crash that involved NASCAR’s Tony Stewart and killed 20-year-old racer Kevin Ward Jr.
Among the major details revealed today were that an autopsy has been completed on Ward; the Ontario County (N.Y.) Coroner has deemed “massive blunt trauma” as Ward’s cause of death; and that there is a second video of the incident being analyzed by investigators.
You can watch today’s full media briefing from Sheriff Povero in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 4