Aug 11, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Jeff Kincaid made a really good call before last week’s TORC: The Off-Road Championship’s races at Sturgis, South Dakota.
During a practice session, Kincaid crashed his PRO 2 truck to the point where it couldn’t be raced in Tuesday and Wednesday’s Battle at the Chip at the Buffalo Chip Powersports Complex. But he was able to get another PRO 2 truck from fellow competitor Mike Jenkins – and then put his son, Keegan Kincaid, in it.
Keegan, the reigning PRO Light class champ, made his Dad’s decision pay off with a PRO 2 triumph in Wednesday’s Round 12 after a tire failure knocked him out of the lead in the previous day’s Round 11.
The PRO 2 class also featured the TORC debut of West Coast Choppers king Jesse James. But mechanical failures relegated him to a pair of ninth-place finishes in Sturgis.
On the West Coast Choppers Facebook page, James said that his truck suffered a broken axle on the first lap in Tuesday’s race. He then broke his throttle pedal in Wednesday’s race while trying to keep from rolling his truck over.
In PRO 4, Mark Jenkins (Tuesday) and Johnny Greaves (Wednesday) split wins, with Jenkins’ victory coming in the final turns over Scott Douglas. As for PRO Light, Jerett Brooks (Tuesday) and C.J. Greaves (Wednesday) walked away with the big trophies.
With Sturgis in the rear view mirror, TORC now heads into its season finale on Aug. 30-31 at Crandon, Wisconsin – the “Keys To The Big House.” The event will air on NBCSN on Sept. 6 at 3:30 p.m. ET.
In regards to the class championships, Johnny Greaves currenly holds a 34-point lead over Jenkins for the PRO 4 crown; C.J. Greaves is up 28 points on Chad Hord in PRO 2; and in PRO Light, it’s a 16-point edge for Brooks over Keegan Kincaid, with Doug Mittag and C.J. Greaves tied for third at 28 points back.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 0
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 6
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1