Aug 12, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
NBC Nightly News anchor and managing editor Brian Williams stopped by The Dan Patrick Show to further discuss the Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy, the coverage, and the reaction to it.
Williams, a devout NASCAR and short-track fan, also discussed his own experience of heading to dirt tracks and short tracks in New York.
Video from NASCAR America
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 1
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 5
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 14
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3