Aug 12, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
NBC Nightly News anchor and managing editor Brian Williams stopped by The Dan Patrick Show to further discuss the Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy, the coverage, and the reaction to it.
Williams, a devout NASCAR and short-track fan, also discussed his own experience of heading to dirt tracks and short tracks in New York.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0