Aug 12, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
NBC Nightly News anchor and managing editor Brian Williams stopped by The Dan Patrick Show to further discuss the Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy, the coverage, and the reaction to it.
Williams, a devout NASCAR and short-track fan, also discussed his own experience of heading to dirt tracks and short tracks in New York.
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 0
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 6
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3