Aug 12, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
We wish a happy 81st birthday to the legend that is Rufus Parnell Jones, better known as Parnelli.
The 1963 Indianapolis 500 winner – who celebrated the 50th anniversary of that victory and his 80th birthday a year ago – is the oldest living Indianapolis 500 champ.
Nearly 50 years after the fact, he was awarded a “Baby Borg” trophy. Here’s a quick video of that.
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 0
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 1
- Hamilton delighted after claiming 40th career pole (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tames wet conditions to grab pole in Malaysia 1
- Rosberg closes out Malaysian GP practice fastest 0
- NHRA: Rain washes out Friday’s first two rounds of qualifying four 4-Wide Nationals 3
- The Equalization Conundrum: Should F1 put sport to one side in favor of ‘the show’? 7