Aug 12, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
We wish a happy 81st birthday to the legend that is Rufus Parnell Jones, better known as Parnelli.
The 1963 Indianapolis 500 winner – who celebrated the 50th anniversary of that victory and his 80th birthday a year ago – is the oldest living Indianapolis 500 champ.
Nearly 50 years after the fact, he was awarded a “Baby Borg” trophy. Here’s a quick video of that.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 2
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 14
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0