Aug 12, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
We wish a happy 81st birthday to the legend that is Rufus Parnell Jones, better known as Parnelli.
The 1963 Indianapolis 500 winner – who celebrated the 50th anniversary of that victory and his 80th birthday a year ago – is the oldest living Indianapolis 500 champ.
Nearly 50 years after the fact, he was awarded a “Baby Borg” trophy. Here’s a quick video of that.
- Bell: “Carb Day is many things to many people; mine was many jobs” 0
- Texas Motor Speedway president Eddie Gossage plans to talk with IndyCar about potential changes to cars 4
- Hamilton storms to first Monaco GP pole position 1
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari in final practice for Monaco GP 0
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 4