Aug 12, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
Today, Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff Philip Povero announced that the ongoing investigation into Saturday’s fatal sprint car crash that involved NASCAR driver Tony Stewart could continue for at least two more weeks or longer.
NBC News correspondent Kristen Dahlgren has been in Ontario County covering the investigation. Today, she provided an update to NASCAR AMERICA that also includes reaction to Saturday’s events from sprint car racer Paul Kinney, who raced with Stewart and the late Kevin Ward Jr. that night at Canandaigua Motorsports Park.
You can watch the report in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 7 p.m. ET recaps Talladega 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 1
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 0
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 2
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10