Aug 12, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
Today, Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff Philip Povero announced that the ongoing investigation into Saturday’s fatal sprint car crash that involved NASCAR driver Tony Stewart could continue for at least two more weeks or longer.
NBC News correspondent Kristen Dahlgren has been in Ontario County covering the investigation. Today, she provided an update to NASCAR AMERICA that also includes reaction to Saturday’s events from sprint car racer Paul Kinney, who raced with Stewart and the late Kevin Ward Jr. that night at Canandaigua Motorsports Park.
You can watch the report in the clip above.
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 1
- IndyCar confirms Boston race for 2016 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tops quiet second Monaco GP practice 0
- Hamilton quickest in opening practice for Monaco GP 0
- James Hinchcliffe transferred out of ICU, full recovery expected 4
- Tony Kanaan says older part, reinforced suspension contributed to Hinchcliffe’s crash and injury 7