Aug 12, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
Today, Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff Philip Povero announced that the ongoing investigation into Saturday’s fatal sprint car crash that involved NASCAR driver Tony Stewart could continue for at least two more weeks or longer.
NBC News correspondent Kristen Dahlgren has been in Ontario County covering the investigation. Today, she provided an update to NASCAR AMERICA that also includes reaction to Saturday’s events from sprint car racer Paul Kinney, who raced with Stewart and the late Kevin Ward Jr. that night at Canandaigua Motorsports Park.
You can watch the report in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 2
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 0
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 2
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 1
- Rosberg forced to retire in Singapore after electrical glitch 2
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0