Aug 12, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Tony Stewart‘s status for this Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Michigan International Speedway remains up in the air after his involvement in a fatal sprint car incident last weekend at Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park.
Stewart Haas Racing’s Mike Arning said yesterday that the final decision to race or not would be left up to the three-time Cup champion.
NBCSN’s Marty Snider talked with SHR team members and Smith this afternoon, and on today’s NASCAR AMERICA, he gave an update on their situation.
You can watch his report in the clip above.
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 3
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0