Aug 12, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Tony Stewart‘s status for this Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Michigan International Speedway remains up in the air after his involvement in a fatal sprint car incident last weekend at Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park.
Stewart Haas Racing’s Mike Arning said yesterday that the final decision to race or not would be left up to the three-time Cup champion.
NBCSN’s Marty Snider talked with SHR team members and Smith this afternoon, and on today’s NASCAR AMERICA, he gave an update on their situation.
You can watch his report in the clip above.
- FIA seeking new teams for Formula 1 in 2016 and 2017 0
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery (VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit 0
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 5
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0