Aug 12, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Tony Stewart‘s status for this Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Michigan International Speedway remains up in the air after his involvement in a fatal sprint car incident last weekend at Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park.
Stewart Haas Racing’s Mike Arning said yesterday that the final decision to race or not would be left up to the three-time Cup champion.
NBCSN’s Marty Snider talked with SHR team members and Smith this afternoon, and on today’s NASCAR AMERICA, he gave an update on their situation.
You can watch his report in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 9
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 14
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0