Aug 12, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Tony Stewart‘s status for this Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Michigan International Speedway remains up in the air after his involvement in a fatal sprint car incident last weekend at Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park.
Stewart Haas Racing’s Mike Arning said yesterday that the final decision to race or not would be left up to the three-time Cup champion.
NBCSN’s Marty Snider talked with SHR team members and Smith this afternoon, and on today’s NASCAR AMERICA, he gave an update on their situation.
You can watch his report in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH: Race of Champions at 7 p.m. ET kicks off motors evening on NBCSN 0
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 14
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1