Aug 13, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
This season, Alex Tagliani runs and operates his own NASCAR Canadian Tire Series team in Tagliani Autosport, has raced a partial season in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship Prototoype Challenge class with RSR Racing, raced the Indianapolis 500 with Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing and also raced in the NASCAR Nationwide Series with Team Penske.
Tagliani, who nearly won the Nationwide road course race at Road America in the No. 22 Discount Tire Ford courtesy of a storming drive from 23rd to second in two laps, will have another road racing appearance in NASCAR with Brad Keselowski Racing later this month.
“Tag” will race the team’s No. 19 Ford at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, at the end of the month on August 31.
“Alex did a heck of a job in the Nationwide car for Team Penske at Road America and I knew I had to put him in one of my trucks,” Keselowski said in a team release. “I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do.”
Added Tagliani, “It’s an honor to get a call to drive for Brad’s team this year, especially after sharing the No. 22 Team Penske Nationwide car with him for two races. It will be my first time competing in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, but Mosport is a great track to drive and I am hoping to be able to help the team with a strong result.”
Even without ever having raced Trucks, consider Tagliani an early contender at the road course outside of Toronto.
Tagliani raced last weekend in the NASCAR Canadian Tire race at Trois-Rivieres and will compete in this weekend’s NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Mid-Ohio with Penske.
His status for the TUDOR Championship PC race August 24 at Virginia International Raceway with RSR is to be determined. IndyCar driver Jack Hawksworth was in the No. 08 car alongside Chris Cumming at Indianapolis and Road America, and is expected to be in the car for the final two rounds at Austin and Petit Le Mans. The VIR weekend clashes with Hawksworth’s IndyCar duties at Sonoma Raceway.
- DiZinno: St. Pete provides solid 2015 season kickoff, but issues some warning signs 1
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 4
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 3
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6