Aug 13, 2014, 8:31 PM EST
– New Weekly Sunday Night Program To Go In-Depth Into Sports Airing on NBC & NBCSN.
– Sunday’s Debut Episode To Recap NASCAR Pure Michigan 400, Premier League Opening Weekend, Latest NFL Headlines, and Start of 2014 Youth Olympic Games.
– Josh Elliott Interviews Four-Time Olympic Gold Medalist Missy Franklin
NBC Sports Group will debut NBCSN Sunday Sports Report, a weekly one-hour program that will showcase the news and highlights of the sports properties that primarily air on NBC and NBCSN, this Sunday, August 17 at 11:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
Every Sunday night, NBCSN Sunday Sports Report will go in-depth into the high-profile sports properties that are carried by NBC Sports Group, including NASCAR, IndyCar, the Olympics, NFL, NHL, Premier League, golf, Triple Crown horse racing, Notre Dame Football, Formula One and more.
This Sunday, host Liam McHugh will recap this week’s top events, including NASCAR’s Pure Michigan 400, the opening weekend of the Premier League season, the latest NFL headlines and the start of the 2014 Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing, China. In addition, viewers will see a collector car auctioned off by Mecum Auctions.
NBCSN Sunday Sports Report originates from Studio 3 at NBC Sports Group’s International Broadcast Center in Stamford, Conn.
This week’s episode will feature live and taped remote reports from NBC Sports Group’s critically-acclaimed roster of on-air commentators, including:
* Analysis of the NASCAR Michigan 400 from NASCAR America analyst and former NASCAR driver Kyle Petty.
* A sit-down interview between NBC Sports Group’s Josh Elliott and four-time Olympic gold-medalist Missy Franklin.
* Premier League commentary from Premier League Live host Rebecca Lowe, and analysts Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe.
* A look around the NFL pre-season with Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio.
NBCSN Sunday Sports Report will also stream live via NBC Sports Live Extra, NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices, and tablets.
For desktops, NBC Sports Live Extra can be accessed at http://www.nbcsports.com/liveextra.
The NBC Sports Live Extra app for mobile devices and tablets is available at the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch; within Google Play for Android handset and tablet devices; at the Windows Phone Store for Windows Phone devices; and at the Windows Store for Windows devices.
Jan 28, 2015, 9:34 PM EST
NASCAR on NBC’s Jeff Burton reaches out to fans during an impromptu Twitter Q&A.
Jan 28, 2015, 7:30 PM EST
IndyCar’s James Hinchcliffe raves about the year-on-year improvements by the SpeedSource Mazda program.
Jan 28, 2015, 6:30 PM EST
Team Penske’s Tim Cindric discusses the “known quantity” of Brian Barnhart.
Jan 28, 2015, 5:54 PM EST
Richard Childress Racing announced it has added two female drivers to its driver development program, including the daughter of driver-turned-broadcaster Wally Dallenbach Jr.
Jan 28, 2015, 5:15 PM EST
Take a look at a day in the life of Verizon IndyCar Series driver Josef Newgarden during the offseason.
Jan 28, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
Although he’s looking ahead to the 2015 season, Brad Keselowski did a bit of reminiscing Wednesday.
Jan 28, 2015, 4:30 PM EST
After breakout 2014, Logano looks ahead to an even better third year with Team Penske.
Jan 28, 2015, 4:15 PM EST
IndyCar’s preseason driver meeting just might reveal some clues about who could fill the remaining seats left for 2015.
Jan 28, 2015, 4:00 PM EST
Coming up: Interviews with the drivers of Roush Fenway Racing, Richard Petty Motorsports, and Team Penske. Plus, a look back on a shocking upset at the 1990 Daytona 500.
Jan 28, 2015, 3:29 PM EST
After being sidelined in 2014, Johanna Long will drive a number of races for a new race team in both the Xfinity and Camping World Truck Series in 2015.
Jan 28, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
While a small, one-car team that makes just over half the races of the season, there’s a lot of heart and motivation in the family oriented Leavine Family Racing team.
Jan 28, 2015, 3:06 PM EST
A family release issued Wednesday through NASCAR’s communications department said Pearson suffered the stroke Dec. 9 “but is doing great and well on the road to recovery.”
Jan 28, 2015, 3:00 PM EST
Former IndyCar race director Brian Barnhart will return to his old role for 2015.
Jan 28, 2015, 2:45 PM EST
Six more events “tentatively” added to the Wood Brothers’ 65th anniversary season.
Jan 28, 2015, 2:31 PM EST
Roush Fenway Racing president Steve Newmark said the team set up a meeting for Wallace with Maverick Carter, the agent who oversees much of James’ business empire.
Jan 28, 2015, 1:12 PM EST
Richard Petty Motorsports seeks sponsorship for 26 races for Sam Hornish Jr.’s team this season.
Jan 28, 2015, 1:02 PM EST
Horner also speaks with NBCSN’s Will Buxton about efforts from the team’s engine manufacturer, Renault, to ensure a much smoother start to 2015.
Jan 28, 2015, 12:33 PM EST
Force India opts to concentrate on getting its new 2015 car ready for the second preseason test at Barcelona.
Jan 28, 2015, 12:15 PM EST
Sam Hornish is fitting in quite nicely in his new role with Richard Petty Motorsports.
Jan 28, 2015, 11:56 AM EST
Last year’s July winner at Daytona thinks RPM’s momentum will continue to grow in 2015.
Video from NASCAR America
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 14
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2