Aug 13, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
When it formed just over a month ago, the Race Team Alliance was comprised of nine of the largest powerful organizations on the NASCAR Sprint Cup level.
Wednesday, the RTA announced it has now doubled its membership to 18 full-time Sprint Cup organizations, covering 37 full-time teams.
“One of the early goals of the Race Team Alliance was to expand our membership, and after only a month in existence, we have accomplished that goal,” RTA chairman Rob Kauffman said in a media release.
“We now have virtually all the full-time teams participating,” Kauffman said. “I think the membership as a whole is enthusiastic to get to work on some of the other items on our agenda, in particular some of the cost areas and marketing opportunities we have already identified.”
The organization was formed as a not-for-profit “business league … to create an open forum for the teams to explore areas of common interest and to work collaboratively on initiatives to help preserve, promote, and grow the sport of stock car racing.”
Here’s the updated RTA membership roster:
Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates
Go Green / FAS Lane
Joe Gibbs Racing
Michael Waltrip Racing
Phil Parsons Racing
Richard Childress Racing
Richard Petty Motorsports
Roush Fenway Racing
Tommy Baldwin Racing
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 3
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 2
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5