Aug 13, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
When it formed just over a month ago, the Race Team Alliance was comprised of nine of the largest powerful organizations on the NASCAR Sprint Cup level.
Wednesday, the RTA announced it has now doubled its membership to 18 full-time Sprint Cup organizations, covering 37 full-time teams.
“One of the early goals of the Race Team Alliance was to expand our membership, and after only a month in existence, we have accomplished that goal,” RTA chairman Rob Kauffman said in a media release.
“We now have virtually all the full-time teams participating,” Kauffman said. “I think the membership as a whole is enthusiastic to get to work on some of the other items on our agenda, in particular some of the cost areas and marketing opportunities we have already identified.”
The organization was formed as a not-for-profit “business league … to create an open forum for the teams to explore areas of common interest and to work collaboratively on initiatives to help preserve, promote, and grow the sport of stock car racing.”
Here’s the updated RTA membership roster:
Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates
Go Green / FAS Lane
Joe Gibbs Racing
Michael Waltrip Racing
Phil Parsons Racing
Richard Childress Racing
Richard Petty Motorsports
Roush Fenway Racing
Tommy Baldwin Racing
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Montoya fastest on opening day of Indianapolis 500 practice 0
- Indy 500 refresher running, RoP gets underway today at IMS 0
- Chevrolet reveals its super speedway aero kit 2
- ARCA driver Brad Smith recovering from ankle surgery after Talladega wreck 0
- 21 years after his death, the legacy of Ayrton Senna burns as brightly as ever 2
- Honda reveals its super speedway aero kit Thursday at IMS (VIDEO) 9
- Ed Carpenter talks Newgarden’s win and preparing for superspeedway aero kit at Indy 4