Aug 14, 2014, 6:04 PM EDT
More than 700 family and friends attended the funeral of Kevin Ward Jr. Thursday morning in Turin, N.Y.
Tears were shed, and numerous stories of happiness were told by family members and friends who were close to the 20-year old sprint car driver who was killed in a tragic accident this past Saturday.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 7 p.m. ET recaps Talladega 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 1
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 0
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 2
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10