WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 pm ET — Kevin Ward Jr. funeral, Ryan Blaney, Kyle Larson, Michigan preview
Aug 14, 2014, 4:20 PM EST
On Thursday’s edition of NASCAR America, Marty Snider, Wally Dallenbach and Kyle Petty come to you from our Charlotte studios.
On today’s show:
* Chris Pollone of NBC News reports from Kevin Ward Jr.’s funeral in Turin, NY. Scores of friends and family attended today’s ceremony and Pollone talked to a family friend of Ward Jr. who recalls the laughter and “cornball” attitude that made the 20-year-old Ward such a stand-up person.
* Our Kelli Stavast traveled to Chip Ganassi Racing in Concord, N.C., to talk with Kyle Larson about his impressive rookie campaign, his hopes of making this season’s Chase for the Sprint Cup and how his team has run compared to its goals at the start of the season.
* Marty, Wally and Kyle discuss the drivers to watch at Michigan this weekend and who could still sneak into the Chase with their first win of the season on Sunday.
* Ryan Blaney, current leader of the Camping World Trucks Series, was named today as the driver of the Wood Brothers No. 21 Sprint Cup car for next season. Marty, Wally and Kyle reflect on the announcement.
If you’re not near a TV, you can CLICK HERE to stream NASCAR AMERICA online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0