Aug 15, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Romain Grosjean is feeling upbeat and positive ahead of next weekend’s Belgian Grand Prix as he looks to bounce back from a difficult first half to the 2014 Formula 1 season.
The Frenchman has scored all eight of Lotus’ points so far this year, but has not finished inside the top ten since the Monaco Grand Prix some three months ago. However, he still believes that the team can move up the grid in the final eight races of the season, starting at Spa-Francorchamps next weekend.
“Despite the difficulties so far, I feel positive for the rest of the season to come,” Grosjean explained. “We have seen that there have been many issues since the start of the year and even before, but as with everything in life you have to look forward and this is exactly what I am doing.
“This is now my third full season in F1 and although the disappointments always hurt, I am also mature enough to know that when things get tough you are able to learn more and to try and work toward being successful again.
“I really hope we can do that together as a team for the remainder of the year. That is the aim.”
Grosjean is also looking forward to racing at the legendary Spa-Francorchamps for the Belgian Grand Prix, which doubles up as his home race in the absence of an event in France.
“It’s a circuit with a soul,” he said. “I always enjoy racing here, as do most of the drivers. What I find memorable about Spa is not only the track but also the beautiful surroundings in the Ardennes forest.
“From the cockpit you get a very real sense of being at a living, breathing track at Spa and the fans are really close to the action. You can almost smell the frites!”
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 6
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3