Aug 15, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Romain Grosjean is feeling upbeat and positive ahead of next weekend’s Belgian Grand Prix as he looks to bounce back from a difficult first half to the 2014 Formula 1 season.
The Frenchman has scored all eight of Lotus’ points so far this year, but has not finished inside the top ten since the Monaco Grand Prix some three months ago. However, he still believes that the team can move up the grid in the final eight races of the season, starting at Spa-Francorchamps next weekend.
“Despite the difficulties so far, I feel positive for the rest of the season to come,” Grosjean explained. “We have seen that there have been many issues since the start of the year and even before, but as with everything in life you have to look forward and this is exactly what I am doing.
“This is now my third full season in F1 and although the disappointments always hurt, I am also mature enough to know that when things get tough you are able to learn more and to try and work toward being successful again.
“I really hope we can do that together as a team for the remainder of the year. That is the aim.”
Grosjean is also looking forward to racing at the legendary Spa-Francorchamps for the Belgian Grand Prix, which doubles up as his home race in the absence of an event in France.
“It’s a circuit with a soul,” he said. “I always enjoy racing here, as do most of the drivers. What I find memorable about Spa is not only the track but also the beautiful surroundings in the Ardennes forest.
“From the cockpit you get a very real sense of being at a living, breathing track at Spa and the fans are really close to the action. You can almost smell the frites!”
Video from NASCAR America
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 2
- Brasilia IndyCar race is canceled 3
- Rick Hendrick: No pressure on Jeff Gordon in final season, he just has to win 14 races and championship 4
- Column: Chase Elliott’s promotion perfectly timed for NASCAR 9
- Chase Elliott will replace Jeff Gordon as No. 24 driver next season 5
- Truex’s girlfriend passes milestone in cancer recovery 0