Aug 16, 2014, 1:05 PM EST
MILWAUKEE, Wis. – Before Sunday’s ABC Supply Co. Wisconsin 250 at Milwaukee IndyFest Presented by the Metro Milwaukee Honda Dealers, Andretti Autosport will hold a driver and sponsor announcement at 11:40 a.m. CT.
The unnamed driver, said sponsor representative and team principal Michael Andretti will all be on hand.
Smart money is on Indianapolis 500 and two-time defending Milwaukee IndyFest champion Ryan Hunter-Reay and DHL; RHR seeks a three-peat Sunday and DHL, just recently, was confirmed as Victory Lane sponsor once more for this race. Both RHR and the team have expressed publicly their intent to continue together as RHR’s current contract was extended through 2014; he last re-signed in late 2012.
Of course it could also be James Hinchcliffe, who the team had a one-year option to extend into 2015. Hinchcliffe has made several additional Honda-related appearances in the last week with his TUDOR United SportsCar Championship one-off in a Honda-powered Riley DP, and was also on hand at a David Hobbs Honda appearance on Friday.
Marco Andretti is signed through 2015 and Carlos Munoz would likely not command such an announcement, given his sponsors are current Andretti-affiliated products Cinsay and AndrettiTV.com.
A lesser but still potential possibility is Simon Pagenaud, who has been linked to Andretti since the summer. However, Pagenaud told the Indianapolis Star’s Curt Cavin Saturday he’ll be deciding his future after the season ends.
Or, it could be something out of left field none of us have seen coming all around.
We shall stay tuned to see who this announcement reveals, officially.
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3