Aug 16, 2014, 1:49 PM EDT
Yesterday, we told you about Dale Earnhardt Jr. and IndyCar’s Ed Carpenter doing the Ice Bucket Challenge to raise awareness and funds for ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) research.
Today, it was Danica Patrick‘s turn after she was challenged by Krissie Newman, the wife of fellow Sprint Cup competitor Ryan Newman. Patrick had her boyfriend, Roush Fenway Racing pilot Ricky Stenhouse Jr., do the honors.
But the drenched Patrick would not be the only one taking the Challenge on this day. After nominating Stenhouse and friends Ehren and Kelli Hull, she then revealed that she had three ice buckets already set for them.
“Had a feeling this was coming,” Stenhouse said in a video clip before he and the Hulls were soaked.
Driven largely by social media, the Challenge has helped generate millions of dollars for ALS research over the last few weeks. Nominees can choose to either have a bucket of ice water dumped on them and post it online or make a donation (or both). Once done, they then nominate others to do the same.
To see Patrick and Stenhouse take the Challenge, check out the clip at the top. For more information on ALS, visit the ALS Association’s website.
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1