Aug 16, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
Yesterday, we told you about Dale Earnhardt Jr. and IndyCar’s Ed Carpenter doing the Ice Bucket Challenge to raise awareness and funds for ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) research.
Today, it was Danica Patrick‘s turn after she was challenged by Krissie Newman, the wife of fellow Sprint Cup competitor Ryan Newman. Patrick had her boyfriend, Roush Fenway Racing pilot Ricky Stenhouse Jr., do the honors.
But the drenched Patrick would not be the only one taking the Challenge on this day. After nominating Stenhouse and friends Ehren and Kelli Hull, she then revealed that she had three ice buckets already set for them.
“Had a feeling this was coming,” Stenhouse said in a video clip before he and the Hulls were soaked.
Driven largely by social media, the Challenge has helped generate millions of dollars for ALS research over the last few weeks. Nominees can choose to either have a bucket of ice water dumped on them and post it online or make a donation (or both). Once done, they then nominate others to do the same.
To see Patrick and Stenhouse take the Challenge, check out the clip at the top. For more information on ALS, visit the ALS Association’s website.
- Manor passes final crash tests ahead of Australian GP 1
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 3
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1