Aug 16, 2014, 12:57 PM EST
The first-ever national at Ironman Raceway is going to be a wet, sloppy affair.
The Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship continues this afternoon with the Thor Indiana National, a pivotal round for both title races. Ken Roczen and Ryan Dungey are in a the middle of a tightly-contested battle in the 450 Class, with just seven points separating them headed into the final four motos of the season. In the 250 Class, Jeremy Martin is well on his way to a championship and could clinch it with another good performance today.
The riders will be faced with some challenging track conditions though. Heavy rains this morning slowed the track down substantially, and as a result, none of the riders were able to post a lap time under three minutes in any of the practice sessions. Weather is often the great equalizer, which could lead to some unpredictable racing once the gates drop.
First motos in both classes get underway at 1:00 p.m. ET and will stream live on ProMotocross.com and NBC Sports Live Extra. Second motos in both classes will follow at 3:00 p.m. ET. Click here to access the Live Extra stream.
NBCSN will also have taped delayed coverage of the second motos later tonight, with 450 Class Moto 2 airing at 5:00 p.m. ET and 250 Class Moto 2 at 1:00 a.m. ET.
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari on day one of Jerez test 3
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 4
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 4
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0