Aug 16, 2014, 12:57 PM EST
The first-ever national at Ironman Raceway is going to be a wet, sloppy affair.
The Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship continues this afternoon with the Thor Indiana National, a pivotal round for both title races. Ken Roczen and Ryan Dungey are in a the middle of a tightly-contested battle in the 450 Class, with just seven points separating them headed into the final four motos of the season. In the 250 Class, Jeremy Martin is well on his way to a championship and could clinch it with another good performance today.
The riders will be faced with some challenging track conditions though. Heavy rains this morning slowed the track down substantially, and as a result, none of the riders were able to post a lap time under three minutes in any of the practice sessions. Weather is often the great equalizer, which could lead to some unpredictable racing once the gates drop.
First motos in both classes get underway at 1:00 p.m. ET and will stream live on ProMotocross.com and NBC Sports Live Extra. Second motos in both classes will follow at 3:00 p.m. ET. Click here to access the Live Extra stream.
NBCSN will also have taped delayed coverage of the second motos later tonight, with 450 Class Moto 2 airing at 5:00 p.m. ET and 250 Class Moto 2 at 1:00 a.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 9
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1
- Rutledge Wood joins NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR and motors coverage 6
- NASCAR expands Sprint Unlimited field to include Chase drivers 3
- Health issues to sideline Brian Vickers for early part of 2015 Sprint Cup season 5